Go Back   :::.Nissan 4x4 Owners Club.::: > General > The Clubs Virtual Pub

The Clubs Virtual Pub For general chat, so come on in and pull up a chair.

Old 13-04-2009, 21:43   #16
lacroupade
Click here to find out how to become a paid up member

Quote:
Originally Posted by makeitfit View Post
So can that figure be changed by DVLA with new output evidence
based on manufacturers figures only I think
lacroupade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2009, 21:47   #17
makeitfit

Vehicle: Maverick TDi BLACK mmm
Default Warning. Adult 18 Only. No Lightweights !

So the lying bastardos are not taxing "poluting" vehicles then!
Just robbing us blind
Toerags
makeitfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2009, 22:38   #18
lacroupade

Quote:
Originally Posted by makeitfit View Post
So the lying bastardos are not taxing "poluting" vehicles then!
Just robbing us blind
Toerags
Volkswagen Toerag? Don't mind if I dont...
Old 14-04-2009, 08:39   #19
mav

Is this the same for LPG, as a vehicle with LPG does not have emissions test with MOT.

I thought that I was greener than petrol and diesel so where’s my reward for this, Crap government, there not going to get my vote for the first time ever unless there’s change and this is to late now,

They are really pissing me off big time.

We really are a bunch of voiceless people, and you and i are not going to change a dam thing, So get use to it and pay up the extra cash.

Rant over, (For now anyway)banghead
mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2009, 08:59   #20
lacroupade

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav View Post
Is this the same for LPG, as a vehicle with LPG does not have emissions test with MOT.

I thought that I was greener than petrol and diesel so where’s my reward for this, Crap government, there not going to get my vote for the first time ever unless there’s change and this is to late now,

They are really pissing me off big time.

We really are a bunch of voiceless people, and you and i are not going to change a dam thing, So get use to it and pay up the extra cash.

Rant over, (For now anyway)banghead
well this is only my interpretation so check yourself, but firstly, if its pre-2001 then you're on a flat rate anyway so no worries.

If it falls into the later bands, and I think this applies whether pre-or post 2006, its all based on manufacturers CO2 emissions as noted on the V5 - not sure that can ever be changed as they have to have a benchmark I guess.

And if you pick any new petrol vehicle to calculate the tax rate (on the DVLA site) then go back and change fuel type to LPG, only one vehicle appears in the drop-down box and thats a Volvo! Suppose theres your answer mav.....
Old 14-04-2009, 09:16   #21
mav

Thanks lacroupade,

Yes, my motor was first registered in 2000 so as I knew I was ok and I don’t mean that to sound selfish.

Just that if we do something good all we seem to get is verbal praise and a pat on the back, Do something bad and you’re punished financially.

Mav.
mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2009, 09:26   #22
lacroupade

but you're right....you can't even LPG a later car and get any benefit it seems...and what about all those people who need a biggish 4x4 because of where they live or what they do? Its bloody unfair to say the least!

and remember all this came about because of so-called global warming which is a load of cobblers in itself. maybe the planet is warming up but its a natural phenomenon and nothing to do with a bit of man-made CO2....i forget the exact stats but from memory, the animal kingdom produces something like 100 times the amount the entire human race does and the plant kingdom some even bigger factor beyond that....so the CO2 produced by cars is miniscule in the scheme of things, but pandering to it keeps the bloody greenies happy doesn't it...

Its the old story of government - keep the people in fear and they're easier to manage...
Old 14-04-2009, 14:03   #23
wildbri

Vehicle: terrano 1997 tdi
Angry

Well I suppose we should think ourselves lucky that we dont own a motorhome and live within
the M25 LEZ area, it will cost the owner, wait for it...... £200 each time the take it on the road!!!! and if you go out of the area and the come back into the area to your home the thats another £200 so thats £400 for a day out!!! these charges are per day... so anyone in a large motorhome wanting to visited the two caravan clubs sites in the london area will have to plan very carefully as a wrong turn would be very costly. regards bri

google LEZ lez = low emission zone
wildbri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2009, 14:19   #24
lacroupade

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildbri View Post
Well I suppose we should think ourselves lucky that we dont own a motorhome and live within
the M25 LEZ area, it will cost the owner, wait for it...... £200 each time the take it on the road!!!! and if you go out of the area and the come back into the area to your home the thats another £200 so thats £400 for a day out!!! these charges are per day... so anyone in a large motorhome wanting to visited the two caravan clubs sites in the london area will have to plan very carefully as a wrong turn would be very costly. regards bri

google LEZ lez = low emission zone
WWWWHHHAAAAATTTT!!

But honestly, if you can afford to even park the bloody thing in a LEZ, let alone be bothered to navigate the damn thing in and out of the suburbs then you've clearly more money than sense and won't mind the extra tax....get one of them there terranos with a bed in't back.....
Old 14-04-2009, 15:50   #25
wellzy

Vehicle: Nissan X-trail MK2

yet everybody in the goverment drives around in twin supercharged V8 Jags, don't you just love the goverment
wellzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2009, 16:13   #26
lacroupade

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellzy View Post
yet everybody in the goverment drives around in twin supercharged V8 Jags, don't you just love the goverment
No!
Old 15-04-2009, 11:42   #27
wellzy

Vehicle: Nissan X-trail MK2

Quote:
Originally Posted by lacroupade View Post
No!
who does, not even the goverment likes the goverment
wellzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2009, 15:46   #28
(RIP) PLANK

Vehicle: T2 2004 TDI SE LWB

youre all missing the point with this LEZ for london!

I heard a bloke from some environmental gorup explain it on telly and it makes perfect snese, you just cycle or catch the trin, like he does, as he lives and works in london so he knows best!

so just tow your caravan with a mountain bike, or deliver that load of compost on the train. If you have several children just get them a bike each and perhaps put the littlest in a trailer, what do you mean what bout my elderly mother? your all just being difficult!

And if you old van just fell foul of the LEZ zone dont worry just scrap it and buy a brand new one, it will only cost you £15-20 k what do you mean you cant afford it? stop being awkward

some people just moan moan moan
(RIP) PLANK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2009, 15:50   #29
lacroupade

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLANK View Post
youre all missing the point with this LEZ for london!

I heard a bloke from some environmental gorup explain it on telly and it makes perfect snese, you just cycle or catch the trin, like he does, as he lives and works in london so he knows best!

so just tow your caravan with a mountain bike, or deliver that load of compost on the train. If you have several children just get them a bike each and perhaps put the littlest in a trailer, what do you mean what bout my elderly mother? your all just being difficult!

And if you old van just fell foul of the LEZ zone dont worry just scrap it and buy a brand new one, it will only cost you £15-20 k what do you mean you cant afford it? stop being awkward

some people just moan moan moan
well when you put it like that.......