Go Back   :::.Nissan 4x4 Owners Club.::: > General > Show us yours

Show us yours Share you favourite photos with us

Old 03-06-2016, 15:54   #1
dub
Click here to find out how to become a paid up member

Vehicle: terrano 2, 3.0 sve
Default my new toy/project

ok guys firstly thank you for the warm welcome.

so on to the motor bought it for a grand mot PASSED on the 19 may. bought it to replace my espace that i refuse to spend any more money on.

so im told before i start my 3.5 hour train journy that the car is fine other than the vibration at 50 to 70.

i bought this.[IMG][/IMG]

got it washed and found this

sadly after advise from you guys i went underneath to check play in the prop and found this.
now i know im to blame for not checking it over a i bought it but it was shiny and sounded sweet.

but surely with holes like that it should not have passed an mot two weeks ago.

fixed the bits and bobs inside and found the rear tyre's are cracked all the way around so get them done tomorrow.
dub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 15:58   #2
Thomas61

Vehicle: Terrano but now Honda CRV

If you have not already, check out it's MOT history here.

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
Thomas61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 15:59   #3
Fez_uk

Vehicle: Maverick 2.7 - Patrol 4.2

That should not have passed an MOT 2 weeks ago, Sounds like a dodgy MOT.

Did you buy it trade or private?

Leaking sunroof isn't really a problem.
Fez_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 16:36   #4
Blocky10

Vehicle: 2004 Terrano 3.0 SVE Auto

If bought privately phone them and explain your problems. You never know they might offer you your money back. If no joy you then phone the mot station to see what they can do. They're not going to want to be inspected so you should get this resolved.

If bought from a trader there's a good chance they're either the mot station too or they are pals with them so you should get somewhere.

Take a video starting with the reg no and then straight to the rot. There's no excuses then.
If you're offered your money back plus compensation for your trouble/expenses you'll probably lose the truck but to be honest that wouldn't be a bad thing, would it?

Obviously don't spend a penny on it.

It's a shame but there there'll be others for sale.

Ian.
Blocky10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 16:48   #5
Thomas61

Might be worth keeping any adverts you saw for it, they can be slow taking them down if online. Just incase things get a little sticky. They said, you said can be hard to prove, but if an advert is worded to deliberately mislead (blatantly lie) then useful to have.

Not sure how these thing work but something I would do myself.
Old 03-06-2016, 16:49   #6
macabethiel

Vehicle: Freelander & Jeep GC 3.0
Default That is some rot !

Looks as though you have been done over.
I would look to get my money back and if no joy make a complaint to VOSA about the dodgy MoT assuming its not a computer generated fake.
macabethiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 17:04   #7
jims-terrano

OMG do not drive it! That's the chassis. This needs reporting to the authorities that should not of had an mot for several years. Seriously mate You need to report this, in my opinion it is life threatening to drive that on the roads. Think of what would of happened if you had your family in there and you had an accident.

Personally I wouldn't be going back to the seller or mot station, I would go straight to the authorities on this one. I have only seen one other vehicle on here anywhere near as bad.

Good look and try and think of the cost of a life not the money you paid.

Just had a look at the first picture showing the side of the car, you can see the drivers door is out of alignment. The truck is literally folding in half.

Please update us as this progresses
jims-terrano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 17:14   #8
jims-terrano

Jeez even the MOT history looks really dodgy, spent nearly two years without an mot and then had two mots in 2015.
Old 03-06-2016, 17:22   #9
Thomas61

Hi,

Another thing I have seen people do is take it for another MOT as soon as possible. If you are stuck with it for while whist this is being sorted officially to get your money back it acts as a of record of condition on that day and date so the seller can't claim faults were down to your ware and tear / lack of care whilst you had it.
Be warned I do not know if the MOT station can stop you driving it home if they feel it is totally unsafe. Could be a good thing though as it removes any testers discretion from the equation.
A official vehicle inspection report would be better but will cost more now but if you need to get one later the faults on the MOT you had done will match his report therefore showing faults were there from start.

I am assuming here that you spent money that you do not want to lose and want to arm yourself with evidence to help you and your case if needed in the future.

Good luck
Old 03-06-2016, 17:29   #10
jims-terrano

An MOT station can and I think will slap a prohibition notice on the vehicle and stop it being driven on the roads.

Leave it parked up nice and safely and get it reported. I'm pretty sure you'll get your money back one way or another but may take some time.
Old 03-06-2016, 17:50   #11
dub

Vehicle: terrano 2, 3.0 sve

Well guys bit of a turn around here. Got gumtree involved as it was on there site and the ad had been removed. With a bit of two and throwing and some not very nice words I've just received £800 back. Now the seller has said don't forget I've got the v5 and know here you live, my reply to this was" do you mean the one you let in the passenger foot well so yes I've got a rattley rotten truck but still have money for repairs ( I'll also hold off selling the espace ) thanks for the advise guys I'll move to the mot test centre Monday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 17:55   #12
jims-terrano

Is that a full refund?

Get it reported straight to vosa don't risk driving it, it really is so dangerous in my opinion. These people need stopping before people get hurt or killed. They obviously didn't give a dam about yours or your families safety. Ring vosa on monday morning and don't let the seller have it back. If they try anything on get the police involved.

I doubt that will be a fixer
Old 03-06-2016, 18:09   #13
macabethiel

Vehicle: Freelander & Jeep GC 3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by dub View Post
Well guys bit of a turn around here. Got gumtree involved as it was on there site and the ad had been removed. With a bit of two and throwing and some not very nice words I've just received £800 back. Now the seller has said don't forget I've got the v5 and know here you live, my reply to this was" do you mean the one you let in the passenger foot well so yes I've got a rattley rotten truck but still have money for repairs ( I'll also hold off selling the espace ) thanks for the advise guys I'll move to the mot test centre Monday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pleased you got some money back they obviously knew it was an Iffy one.
macabethiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 18:30   #14
clivvy

Vehicle: Terrano 03 LWB

report it to the police, he has directly threatened you so even if the police do nothing more than have a nice word, he will know youre not to be messed with either.

sorry to hear about the Terrano, as Jim has said, that is a serious liability and shouldn't be on the road - I suspect the front chassis mounts will be rotten and the rear above the fuel tank - get it checked over asap.

glad you got some money back, and maybe remind that guy you know where he lives too
clivvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2016, 18:34   #15
Thomas61

Despite all that rust the wings do look good. Silver linings and all that