Go Back   :::.Nissan 4x4 Owners Club.::: > General > I'm new here, please be gentle

I'm new here, please be gentle This is where you can "introduce yourself". A chance for you as a new member to say hello and for you to tell us about yourselves, your truck and your other interests.

Old 13-07-2012, 18:24   #16
gavjones86
Click here to find out how to become a paid up member

Vehicle: 96 mavrick 2.4 lwb

Quote:
Originally Posted by 762buzz View Post
Sure we could sort u a little run in the peaks for later in yr if u wanted

This was our last run out

http://www.nissan4x4ownersclub.com/f...ad.php?t=15900
yes mate that would be brill, no better way to learn i guess
gavjones86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2012, 19:09   #17
dollywobbler

Vehicle: No 4x4 currently

That's a good offer. It's important to keep tabs with which lanes are open and which ones you must avoid.

Main thing is that less power is usually better than more (unless you're at a P&P site) and that you need to keep your thumbs on the outside of the rim of the steering wheel. Hurts much less that way when the wheel kicks! Oh, and you usually don't bother with first gear when in low box. (low box is only really needed when the terrain gets really tricky). Don't select 4WD while on the road - only to be used when on loose surfaces or at very low speeds.
dollywobbler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2012, 20:16   #18
762buzz

Vehicle: nissan pathfinder 2.5 adv

My advise before u go out off roading and lanning
Is get to know ur motor be confident in driving its size and make sure it's working ok fuel gauge works oils ok etc

Then the best and safest mod to do us throw a cb in it as its how we all communicate while lanning warning of hazards etc
U can do it without but u miss half the banter and wonder why the others are laughing about

These do good starter sets or try maplins

http://www.4x4cb.com/public/menu.cfm...rowse=Products
762buzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2012, 20:48   #19
gavjones86

Quote:
Originally Posted by dollywobbler View Post
That's a good offer. It's important to keep tabs with which lanes are open and which ones you must avoid.

Main thing is that less power is usually better than more (unless you're at a P&P site) and that you need to keep your thumbs on the outside of the rim of the steering wheel. Hurts much less that way when the wheel kicks! Oh, and you usually don't bother with first gear when in low box. (low box is only really needed when the terrain gets really tricky). Don't select 4WD while on the road - only to be used when on loose surfaces or at very low speeds.
thanks for that pal
Old 13-07-2012, 20:57   #20
gavjones86

Quote:
Originally Posted by 762buzz View Post
My advise before u go out off roading and lanning
Is get to know ur motor be confident in driving its size and make sure it's working ok fuel gauge works oils ok etc

Then the best and safest mod to do us throw a cb in it as its how we all communicate while lanning warning of hazards etc
U can do it without but u miss half the banter and wonder why the others are laughing about

These do good starter sets or try maplins

http://www.4x4cb.com/public/menu.cfm...rowse=Products
i allways make sure my cars are well maintained and going to give it a full going over next week and a service weather permitting. the size doesn't rely bother me because i drive a extra long wheel base high top iveco for work which makes my mav look like toy lol thanks for the link for maplins... another thing on shopping list lol cheers dudes
Old 13-07-2012, 21:52   #21
gavjones86

Quote:
Originally Posted by gavjones86 View Post
i allways make sure my cars are well maintained and going to give it a full going over next week and a service weather permitting. the size doesn't rely bother me because i drive a extra long wheel base high top iveco for work which makes my mav look like toy lol thanks for the link for maplins... another thing on shopping list lol cheers dudes
well the link anyway a m8t told me about a cb for sale £20, just carnt remember who.

thanks again guys for the welcome and info, full membership to be bought