Go Back   :::.Nissan 4x4 Owners Club.::: > General > Show us yours

Show us yours Share you favourite photos with us

Old 01-04-2016, 19:11   #1
Southampton Lad
Click here to find out how to become a paid up member

Vehicle: 1998 Terrano II 2.7tdi
Default Terry On Holiday

Well, just got back from a week on Mersea Island and am happy to report that Terry managed 430 miles without missing a beat...well, almost...

Did it all on practically one tank of diesel too, which I was chuffed with...it was hovering between a quarter and the red line and I chickened out- didn't think the family would have been too pleased with the holiday concluding with an hour or so wait on the hard shoulder embankment waiting for the AA because Daddy was curious about the fuel consumption and got it wrong

Only problem was the nearside rear window that decided to drop down. It's never worked on the switch and after popping the trim I couldn't move it up for Heaven and Earth. No suitable tools with me either, but fortunately a garage in Tiptree got it off the regulator and chucked me some duct tape for a drink.

I shall be searching the forum over the next few days for a cure

Anyway, Mersea is a lovely part of the country- will definitely return! Hopefully in Terry. Don't think I went over 70 once (not by choice, obviously, ha), but what a comfortable, solid drive and, so far, reliable.

Brilliant!

Needed that four wheel drive too, after storm Katie Was very smug, using it for the first time and then later watching others spinning around whilst I supped on an Essex scrumpy

Southampton Lad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 20:17   #2
Banshee

Vehicle: 04 2.7 SWB Terrano II Van

Lovely lovely pics matey!!!!

You a photographer or do you just dabble?

04' Terrano II SE 2.7 TDi SWB Commercial in Silver - Project Thread
Toyo Open Country M/T 33's on 10J Steels, Super Strong Steering Job
Navara D22 Snorkel, Front LOKKA, Maunal Hubs, EGR Blank
TunitII ECU Chip, 3" Body Lift, 2" Suss Lift, Heat Exchanger
Black Interior, 3.0 Borg&Beck Clutch, Eckes Heated Fuel Filter

99' Y61 Patrol GR SE 2.8 TD6 LWB in Blue/Silver - Project Thread
Engine Transplant - In Progress!!!
Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 23:39   #3
jims-terrano

That's good mpg, sounds like you had a great time.
jims-terrano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 09:35   #4
Southampton Lad

Vehicle: 1998 Terrano II 2.7tdi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banshee View Post
Lovely lovely pics matey!!!!

You a photographer or do you just dabble?
Thanks! Nope, not a photographer, just a dabbler with a second hand Canon that flatters my limited abilities...

Jim...Yes, we had a great time. Even on the Monday when we had to batten down the hatches and shelter from the storm in a rocking caravan. I had to get out there and move Terry to the back of the caravan though as there were several large trees out front that were shedding some seriously big branches in the wind.

I was sitting there thinking 'oh, it'll be all right' when a huge branch like a stag's antlers snapped off and embedded itself in the muddy ground just behind the tow bar. I was out of that caravan and familiarizing myself with the four wheel drive in seconds flat.

Just as well, as the ground where Terry was sat was later littered with tree branches. All great fun! And I got to find out that the four wheel drive seems to work okay.
Southampton Lad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 10:35   #5
Banshee

Vehicle: 04 2.7 SWB Terrano II Van

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southampton Lad View Post
Thanks! Nope, not a photographer, just a dabbler with a second hand Canon that flatters my limited abilities...

Jim...Yes, we had a great time. Even on the Monday when we had to batten down the hatches and shelter from the storm in a rocking caravan. I had to get out there and move Terry to the back of the caravan though as there were several large trees out front that were shedding some seriously big branches in the wind.

I was sitting there thinking 'oh, it'll be all right' when a huge branch like a stag's antlers snapped off and embedded itself in the muddy ground just behind the tow bar. I was out of that caravan and familiarizing myself with the four wheel drive in seconds flat.

Just as well, as the ground where Terry was sat was later littered with tree branches. All great fun! And I got to find out that the four wheel drive seems to work okay.
Sounds like you're already completely emmersed in the 4x4 world like a pro!!!! What an adventure

Wait until the snow comes Get a tow strap and get yourself out on the country roads and you'll make some money pulling idiots back onto the road

04' Terrano II SE 2.7 TDi SWB Commercial in Silver - Project Thread
Toyo Open Country M/T 33's on 10J Steels, Super Strong Steering Job
Navara D22 Snorkel, Front LOKKA, Maunal Hubs, EGR Blank
TunitII ECU Chip, 3" Body Lift, 2" Suss Lift, Heat Exchanger
Black Interior, 3.0 Borg&Beck Clutch, Eckes Heated Fuel Filter

99' Y61 Patrol GR SE 2.8 TD6 LWB in Blue/Silver - Project Thread
Engine Transplant - In Progress!!!
Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 15:16   #6
panelbeater

Vehicle: nissan terrano 2 2.7 tdi

well done,i was out in my little tourer as well in fact still out with van.my t2 is same colour as yours.
i run on wvo and regularly get that towing my van.go over 70 and it wont though.
used to go to mersea years ago for beach barbies camping on bikes.
panelbeater is offline   Reply With Quote