Go Back   :::.Nissan 4x4 Owners Club.::: > General > Members free classifieds and wanted items.

Members free classifieds and wanted items. Place your Nissan/Ford 4x4 vehicles or related items for sale and wanted here.

Old 31-08-2011, 18:26   #1
Terranical
Click here to find out how to become a paid up member

Vehicle: 1994 Terrano 2.7TD SWB
Default Drivers window regulator needed urgently.

So here I am, one week into an eight week holiday in 35 degree Spain, and my drivers window regulator has self-destructed. It appears to be unrepairable (bits of broken plastic/nylon in the bottom of the door). I have managed to jam the window in the up position, but obviously in this heat this is not ideal, so my question is this - does anyone have a suitable complete regulator to fit a 1994 3 door T2, and if so, are you prepared to post to Spain (obviously I will cover all costs, paying by PayPal) - I really am desperate to get this as quickly as possible. Thanks.
Terranical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2011, 20:39   #2
Terranical

Thought I would bring this up to the top again, as I really do need this part urgently. Perhaps some of you guys out there may be able to suggest a breaker I could get one from?
Old 31-08-2011, 22:25   #3
solarman216
Off road maniac

Vehicle: Y60 Patrol Me, 3 ltr Mrs

I am sure I sold the one I had, I might have one from the rear door OS but I think it will only go halfway down and would have to check the mounts, but cannot do that till tomorrow, I do have motor assemblies if it is possible to swap them, I have not checked this out, again tomorrow, what has actually gone on yours, Rick
solarman216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2011, 22:40   #4
Terranical

Hi Rick. Thanks for getting back to me, the motor/relay appears to be ok, what has broken are some nylon/plastic parts which form guides to run on the track which goes from the top to the bottom of the door interior, roughly in the centre of the glass (I found several bits of black broken material in the bottom of the door). The cable drive from the motor is now flapping around loose, and the window is stuck in the up position - the motor however is still functioning.
Old 31-08-2011, 23:09   #5
R1cho

Vehicle: 1997 LandCruiser Colorado

Quote:
Originally Posted by solarman216 View Post
I am sure I sold the one I had, I might have one from the rear door OS but I think it will only go halfway down and would have to check the mounts, but cannot do that till tomorrow, I do have motor assemblies if it is possible to swap them, I have not checked this out, again tomorrow, what has actually gone on yours, Rick
yes Rick you sold one to me not long ago for ns rear door, same thing had happened to mine the plastic housing had fallen apart, the motor worked fine, i tried sticking it back together but it just fell apart as soon as the motor moved.
R1cho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2011, 23:43   #6
solarman216
Off road maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1cho View Post
yes Rick you sold one to me not long ago for ns rear door, same thing had happened to mine the plastic housing had fallen apart, the motor worked fine, i tried sticking it back together but it just fell apart as soon as the motor moved.
Thanks R1cho, if you had the rear door then I should still have the front, will check tomorrow, see how bad the memory is, ah well new day tomorrow, Rick
Old 01-09-2011, 11:47   #7
lacroupade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terranical View Post
So here I am, one week into an eight week holiday in 35 degree Spain, and my drivers window regulator has self-destructed. It appears to be unrepairable (bits of broken plastic/nylon in the bottom of the door). I have managed to jam the window in the up position, but obviously in this heat this is not ideal, so my question is this - does anyone have a suitable complete regulator to fit a 1994 3 door T2, and if so, are you prepared to post to Spain (obviously I will cover all costs, paying by PayPal) - I really am desperate to get this as quickly as possible. Thanks.
I've got a MkIII front door if the bits were any good? But not back in Oxford (where it is) til 10th?
lacroupade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 12:17   #8
Terranical

Thanks for the offer Lacroupade, but it looks like I'm sorted now.
Cheers
Bruce
Old 01-09-2011, 16:36   #9
Terranical

Panic over, have found a UK site on eBay that will send a new regulator to Spain (all the others I tried said UK only), so it's ordered (and allegedly dispatched) for £64 plus postage - I'm happy with that. Thanks to you guys who attempted to locate one for me - what a brilliant club!
Old 01-09-2011, 18:50   #10
solarman216
Off road maniac

Found I have a complete drivers door in the barn, never mind you got sorted now, Rick