Go Back   :::.Nissan 4x4 Owners Club.::: > General > The Clubs Virtual Pub

The Clubs Virtual Pub For general chat, so come on in and pull up a chair.

Old 24-08-2011, 10:22   #16
lacroupade
Click here to find out how to become a paid up member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam View Post
On a slightly different topic, I need a 17" screen for a Fujitsu Siemens Amilo 3667G. Must be cheap or free as a new one costs about €180 . Alternatively is someone is looking for something to use with Memory Maps and doesn't need a working screen, make me an offer. Currently running Windows XP 32 bit.
You're not going to find one of them laying about now are you! I always get my screens off ebay, never paid more than £70 even for a top end Toshiba that I got for nothing .

One here:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/17-1-LCD-S...item35b20c5f4e

Wouldn't worry about HK shipment, plenty feedbacks. But even this one is second hand....was that E180 just for a new screen or fitting as well?
lacroupade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2011, 17:10   #17
Kamsin

Vehicle: Maverick 4x4 2.7 TDI 97

You guys have lost me on this one, im running a Compaq 386 sx running Windows 3.1 with DOS.
i have 256meg of Ram and a green screen. Its state of the art next to my old Commodor 64
Kamsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2011, 19:15   #18
Liam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamsin View Post
You guys have lost me on this one, im running a Compaq 386 sx running Windows 3.1 with DOS.
i have 256meg of Ram and a green screen. Its state of the art next to my old Commodor 64
Now the Casio watch definitely had a more powerful processor than that LOL
Liam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2011, 19:21   #19
supergnome

Vehicle: T2, 2.7 TDI 2002 lwb

Usually the motherboard battery when clock is erratic.Its 5 volt and takes 10mins to do. You may loose some Cmos settings but easy to redo.
David.
supergnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2011, 19:22   #20
Liam

Quote:
Originally Posted by lacroupade View Post
You're not going to find one of them laying about now are you! I always get my screens off ebay, never paid more than £70 even for a top end Toshiba that I got for nothing .

One here:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/17-1-LCD-S...item35b20c5f4e

Wouldn't worry about HK shipment, plenty feedbacks. But even this one is second hand....was that E180 just for a new screen or fitting as well?
Yes Paul, I think it included fitting but when I asked for a price without fitting I think he only dropped a tenner. That one in the link is still going to be about €100, hardly worth it for a 5 year old laptop. Spoke to guy I bought from (still not paid him fully) and he is trying to source either a screen or another lappy, so might do ok yet. Would be nice if I can sell some bits on Ebay, like I said, if someone has a monitor, everything else is ok but I suppose shipping to the UK is a no no because of the weight of it. Maybe I can get a top end Tosh for nothing here, and win the Lotto the same day.
Old 24-08-2011, 19:27   #21
Liam

Quote:
Originally Posted by supergnome View Post
Usually the motherboard battery when clock is erratic.Its 5 volt and takes 10mins to do. You may loose some Cmos settings but easy to redo.
David.
Yep, I changed it for two from other PCs and then bought a new one, no difference.
Old 25-08-2011, 00:47   #22
BIGSEAN

Vehicle: Terrano 2.7 tdi

The only time my clock has gone like that was when i set it to update automatically, I.E.
when you connect to the internet it searches for the localized internet time, in my case, due to my connection it had a choice of 3 and randomly picked the most obscure, maybe untick the automatic update for the time setting (though yours is really random)
BIGSEAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2011, 10:11   #23
supergnome

Vehicle: T2, 2.7 TDI 2002 lwb

Hi Liam, The only other two things I can suggest are check the time in bios and if that's ok look at the processes running ( msconfig ) which may be time related which may be set at different times, stopping one at a time to find the culprit. Best of luck. David.
supergnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2011, 12:08   #24
lacroupade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam View Post
Yes Paul, I think it included fitting but when I asked for a price without fitting I think he only dropped a tenner. That one in the link is still going to be about €100, hardly worth it for a 5 year old laptop. Spoke to guy I bought from (still not paid him fully) and he is trying to source either a screen or another lappy, so might do ok yet. Would be nice if I can sell some bits on Ebay, like I said, if someone has a monitor, everything else is ok but I suppose shipping to the UK is a no no because of the weight of it. Maybe I can get a top end Tosh for nothing here, and win the Lotto the same day.
Dream on son LOL

See if you can find a scrapper on ebay?
lacroupade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2011, 18:52   #25
Liam

Quote:
Originally Posted by lacroupade View Post
Dream on son LOL

See if you can find a scrapper on ebay?
Already had a peep, scarcer than hen's teeth it seems. Either that or they are such a great machine, they don't break down.