Go Back   :::.Nissan 4x4 Owners Club.::: > General > I'm new here, please be gentle

I'm new here, please be gentle This is where you can "introduce yourself". A chance for you as a new member to say hello and for you to tell us about yourselves, your truck and your other interests.

Old 05-04-2011, 21:21   #1
elpeede
Click here to find out how to become a paid up member

Vehicle: Pathfinder '08 Mammoth
Default How Do!

Well.... I've finally done it...

I've had a few 4x4's over the years... Rangie '83 V8, Rangie '90 TD, Disco '96 V8, SIIa with a few tweaks... Jag 4.2 lump and auto box and a 101 Ambulance.. all past trucks.

Currently own between me and the Mrs a Freelander '05 TD4 , 110 CSW TD 1990.....

and finally getting around to the reason I'm here (not just to wind you all up )

My '03 L322 Range Rover Vogue is about to be traded in on a....a.....a

(The trend ends here!)

Nissan Pathfinder Mammoth '08 ... well it had to happen eventually

Looking forwards to the Nissan reliability. The most recent Rangie is the only Landrover I've had that doesn't leak (well until we got the Freelander anyway) but the Rangie has cost me £4500 in preventative maintainence in the last 16 months and with £1200 worth of bills to look forwards to before the Summer caravanning Holiday across Europe I'm here..couldn't take any more.. got a family to pay for too!

Be gentle guys and gals... I may ask some daft questions to start... now I've looked in to the light Should pick it up tomorrow!
elpeede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 21:26   #2
makeitfit

Vehicle: Maverick TDi BLACK mmm

How do indeed
Hope all goes well with the truck
makeitfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 21:30   #3
briggie

Vehicle: " alice "

welcome , daft questions is our speciallity ( as is daft answers )..... having a weird sense of humour helps here
briggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 21:30   #4
R1cho

Vehicle: 1997 LandCruiser Colorado

so many swear words for an opening statement

welcome to the club, glad you have seen the error of your ways lol, great club to be in loads of friendly people with a wealth of knowledge and advice to give.

R1cho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 21:33   #5
laurieash

Vehicle: TerranoII /Discos/Landrov

Quote:
Originally Posted by elpeede View Post
Well.... I've finally done it...

I've had a few 4x4's over the years... Rangie '83 V8, Rangie '90 TD, Disco '96 V8, SIIa with a few tweaks... Jag 4.2 lump and auto box and a 101 Ambulance.. all past trucks.

Currently own between me and the Mrs a Freelander '05 TD4 , 110 CSW TD 1990.....

and finally getting around to the reason I'm here (not just to wind you all up )

My '03 L322 Range Rover Vogue is about to be traded in on a....a.....a

(The trend ends here!)

Nissan Pathfinder Mammoth '08 ... well it had to happen eventually

Looking forwards to the Nissan reliability. The most recent Rangie is the only Landrover I've had that doesn't leak (well until we got the Freelander anyway) but the Rangie has cost me £4500 in preventative maintainence in the last 16 months and with £1200 worth of bills to look forwards to before the Summer caravanning Holiday across Europe I'm here..couldn't take any more.. got a family to pay for too!

Be gentle guys and gals... I may ask some daft questions to start... now I've looked in to the light Should pick it up tomorrow!
Welcome to the club now a Terrano owner after 25 years of landrovers also so i know how you feel. the great thing about Landrovers you learn how to fix them or you starve Laurie.
laurieash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 01:16   #6
elpeede

Thanks for the welcome guys, looks like there are some like minded folk in here... my vices... Caravaning Holidays (Road trips down to Biaritz), tinkering with stuff.... I almost had a path through the garage the other day! , amateur radio (occasional), and gagets on my cars like carputers (don't know lots but fitted one to the Rangie and hope to add to the Pathfinder too).

Things I need to research - Installing a 12s socket on the Pathfinder. Touing with adding air springs assistors Air springs Only because my mates Pathfinder got quite a Wag on following us last year (though that may be loading of his caravan.)And fitting a roof mounted DVD in for the kids, The Mammoth has one as OE kit but the previous keeper didn't supply the unit so I just have a mount stuck to the roof Nissan don't do the part anymore.
Old 06-04-2011, 06:25   #7
4x4_Gav

Vehicle: Nissan Terrano II 2.7 TDI

Welcome to the club mate. I am sure we wont hold the LandRovers against you, maybe!
4x4_Gav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 07:50   #8
clivvy

Vehicle: Terrano 03 LWB

welcome to the club, sounds like you have a nice collection of cars to have fun with!
clivvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 07:54   #9
762buzz

Vehicle: nissan pathfinder 2.5 adv

welcome to the club dont forget to post some pics of the pathy
762buzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 20:11   #10
elpeede

Well... Still not picked it up... its ready but I'm waiting for my Plate to be retained and as the dealer I'm getting it from sent off the paperwork I'm not leaving it to chance as "they" have been less than efficient with finance paperwork thus far "up Pee brewery in" come to mind.

Supposed to be going away in a few days with the Caravan down South and I have a 12s socket to fit yet so there better not be any niggles on it or I won't be a happy bunny. How very frustrating.
Old 09-04-2011, 07:44   #11
Thomas-the-Terrano2

Vehicle: Terrano2 R20 lwb 2.7TDi

hi

wow thats some serial collection, doubt f any one here is as anti lr as many lr types
would anti our jap crap hehe, despite much of it being spanish.

always like the brash styling of the pathy, we looked at one when had a terrano2
though held on and evolved in the 'troll, which to be fair IS a truck.

how bigs your 'van, theres a guy in my local caravan rally club towing a big domestic
buccanner no issues, as said get loading right and sorted, max out on nose weight
every time.

rich

'60' 2010 Ford C Max Zetec 1.6i, black

'56' 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee 3.0TD, silver

2021 Bailey Pegasus Grade SE Turin caravan

Smile, its more likely to confuse.

One Life, Don't Just Live It, Drive a Nissan, or ...... a Jeep.

Owner of Nissan 4x4s 2005 to 2019, and maybe in the future too!
Thomas-the-Terrano2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 20:23   #12
elpeede

Ta... I've posted a piccy of the van in the tow socket thread. Fairly big

On the bright side.. today ownership became that little bit closer as the V5 for the Pathy arrived... thats a first, getting the log book in my name before the car.

Odd though that the retention cert for my current motor hasn't come - normally the retention certificate is way quicker than turn around for log books.... h'mmm I can see me having a nice long chat with "The Management" on Tuesday if it doesn't turn up Monday

Really looking forwards to getting the Pathfinder.. like waiting for Christmas at the mo.
Old 12-04-2011, 19:11   #13
elpeede

Right... still not got it but been to see it.... Its going back in to the paint shop to be sorted as the blemish/dink they were supposedly sorting, its now less of a dink but still a dink and looks like someone has been at it with nail varnish to touch up the paint. WTF! £18000 deal and they though that was acceptable. So I had a little chat with the management and came away with some assursances.

If they don't get a grip I'll be walking away, simple as.

I also discovered today that the retention has just been sorted so waiting the paperwork. Clearly the dealers have been sat on the paperwork as normally much quicker.