Go Back   :::.Nissan 4x4 Owners Club.::: > General > The Clubs Virtual Pub

The Clubs Virtual Pub For general chat, so come on in and pull up a chair.

Old 30-03-2012, 21:34   #16
stinka
Click here to find out how to become a paid up member

Vehicle: '02 Terrano TDI sport lwb

I'm a self employed joiner (but ex vw/audi technician previous to going into building trade) and had a '02 Peugeot expert hdi for 7 years, did all the work on that myself remapped it to 150bhp decat full turbo back system and a few other bits, it was getting a bit tired and showing 145k shocks were knackerd, then headgasket went ! So I got that done and flogged it on eBay for £1650 only paid £4200 7 years previously so I was pretty happy with that.

So I had already spent about 6 months prior to selling the van researching what I wanted. I'd gone from vw t4 vans to mitsi l200 to hilux and I decided i definitely wanted a 4x4

Initially I had £3k but lack of work meant I spent about £800 on bloody bills and stuff. So I'd been looking at hilux and l200 but tbh at £3k most of them are battered to fk, been used by builders etc. I don't need a truck back, so I decided after much deliberation that a terrano lwb was very capable, roomy for my tools and materials and reliable as hell.

I'd viewed loads, trying to bid mint £3k ones down but people weren't having it then I saw my present truck on eBay and it was cheap due to having 140k on it.

Bloke said it was tidy, never been offroad and had been looked after, I went to view it and drive it and as he said it was sweet, so I paid him £2.2k and hammered the 80 or so miles back from Lincoln to stoke at 90+

Then I've spent the last month pulling it to bits, treating surface rust, servicing it and stripping brakes etc.

I've driven many 1000's of vehicles in my 8 yrs in motor trade and owned over 30 myself as well as many company vehicles and this, hand on heart is giving me as much joy and satisfaction as anything I've owned.

I've had rwd beemers and turbo fwd hatches etc, the fun of blasting this sideways and getting airborne down a rutted track or tackling a stupid near verticle climb up a muddy bank is epic, but then mrs and 3 kids fit in with room to coast long distance in luxury, it's fantastic.

LOVE LOVE LOVE IT !!!!
stinka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2012, 22:44   #17
96terrano

Vehicle: Nissan Terrano 2.7TD LWB

I see exactly What you mean stinka, the comfort with the terranos is un believable. Me and group of friends are hopefully going to Newcastle soon 138 miles from where I live. 7 of us in total and I can't wait. The best part is I know where ever I sit, I'll be in comfort and so will my freinds
96terrano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2012, 22:57   #18
96terrano

Vehicle: Nissan Terrano 2.7TD LWB

Forgot to also say, we looked at a frontera sport but dad thought it wouldn't be strong enough. Also Completely differant to the mavs and nissans. The only thing I found in common was the rear speakers in the frontera are the same as t2 and mav
96terrano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2012, 23:06   #19
Fez_uk

Vehicle: Maverick 2.7 - Patrol 4.2

had a vitara before all standard, hated paying high road tax for such a small vehicle and did crap mpg.

So thought might aswell get something bigger. Looked at discoveries but after one after the other being total rust buckets I liked the idea of the t2. Like a vitara, more room and a bigger engine.
Fez_uk is offline   Reply With Quote