Go Back   :::.Nissan 4x4 Owners Club.::: > General > I'm new here, please be gentle

I'm new here, please be gentle This is where you can "introduce yourself". A chance for you as a new member to say hello and for you to tell us about yourselves, your truck and your other interests.

Old 30-03-2009, 02:07   #1
HampshireHog

Default Hello

Hi there just found this site and wonderd if anyone could solve a problem i have with my engine. I have a 1989 RB30s (Japanese not spanish built) engine , got water in sump and oil in radiator and it's not head gasket . It ran ok just a bit smoky like a "bonnet up". Many thank's if you can help..
Old 30-03-2009, 12:10   #2
bensonsnuts
Click here to find out how to become a paid up member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HampshireHog View Post
Hi there just found this site and wonderd if anyone could solve a problem i have with my engine. I have a 1989 RB30s (Japanese not spanish built) engine , got water in sump and oil in radiator and it's not head gasket . It ran ok just a bit smoky like a "bonnet up". Many thank's if you can help..

I take you know it's supposed to be oil in the sump and water in the radiator Just checking
My first thought would have been the head gasket , my next is the cylinder head is cracked
I'd have it pressure tested if I were you

Oh .....Hi btw
bensonsnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2009, 12:47   #3
Jocky

Vehicle: Nissan Patrol 2.8 TD6 Y61

Quote:
Originally Posted by HampshireHog View Post

You say its not the head gasket, so you've had/got the head off??

If its rebuilt pressure test ASAP.

Old 30-03-2009, 14:00   #4
extreme-4x4

well if its not the head gasket or the head cracked
it could be oil pump. i had a clio 1.9 deisel with oil - water and sold it to someone who looked and said oil pump ..... i just took the money i dont know

might be a possibility
extreme-4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote