Go Back   :::.Nissan 4x4 Owners Club.::: > General > The Clubs Virtual Pub

The Clubs Virtual Pub For general chat, so come on in and pull up a chair.

Old 30-03-2017, 19:26   #1
macabethiel
Click here to find out how to become a paid up member

Vehicle: Freelander & Jeep GC 3.0
Thumbs up Thinkware F&R F770 Crash Camera fitted!

After a few months of should I, should't I decided to get a crash cam fitted to the Jeep by a mobile fitter.
Decided to have the supplier fit it and it came in at around £60 less than price by local suppliers Mobile Solutions of Derby for the same kit.

It took the fitter about an hour and a half to wire it up with static facility as well as when driving. All wires neatly hidden away inside the headlining with a neat little loop for the rear camera to allow for the glass panel to open separate from the tail gate.

Used this firm on recommendation from a friend who had them fit parking sensors to his Fiat Panda 4x4 Penguin edition. They did a really good job even painting two of the rear sensors white and two black so it looked like a factory fit.

http://www.avrmobiles.co.uk/acatalog/contact_us.html

One useful byproduct is I am driving a little less aggressively in traffic as it's like being spied on in the vehicle. That feeling might fade with time I suspect. It has speed camera alerts & GPS with a nice little chime if it thinks you are a tad close to the vehicle in front when doing over 20 mph. It also has lane guidance but have left that switched off for now. Pairs up to your mobile phone so you can check the camera views and adjust the various settings. It seems very good at night being able to read VRM's easily.
macabethiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 02:55   #2
macabethiel

Vehicle: Freelander & Jeep GC 3.0
Talking Spy in the cab !

Well I have definitely changed my driving habits since fitting the camera - it's made me more laid back and patient for just over a week now.

The frequent reminder of being in a safety camera zone helps. Definitely reduces the traffic light GP effect when a Landy is alongside or behind me!

Anyone else found this side effect ?
macabethiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 08:52   #3
Lazy-Ferret

Vehicle: Terrano 2.7TDi SE Touring

I think it is quite noticeable, it's like having a witness in the car that's not scared to "tell it as it is", so you have to behave a lot better...

Only thing I have found is, the few times someone has done something really stupid, to the point I have thought about saving the video off, when I have listened back to it, it seems my wife and I are always talking about something X-rated, and I would be mortified if someone else heard all that... It's like the 3 minute recording was set up specifically just to catch the juicy bit completely out of context.

In one recording, we were talking about the program NCIS (or one of that type) we had watched the night before, where the murder victim was into BDSM, and I remember the conversation, but the bit the camera caught when a van nearly took our nose off swerving into our lane, was us discussing and picking holes in a BDSM scene they shown... the recording made us sound like we were total experts in BDSM and sounded like we were talking about our own sex life!
Lazy-Ferret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 09:24   #4
Blocky10

Vehicle: 2004 Terrano 3.0 SVE Auto

Lol. There's £250 right there!
Blocky10 is offline   Reply With Quote