Go Back   :::.Nissan 4x4 Owners Club.::: > General > The Clubs Virtual Pub

The Clubs Virtual Pub For general chat, so come on in and pull up a chair.

Old 16-02-2009, 20:04   #1
Bat21
Administrator

Vehicle: Tonka Toy
Default Axed BMW/Mini workers pelt bosses with fruit

Can they not see that managers do not 'employ' people.
Even companies do not 'employ' people ultimately.
Employment laws do not employ people.

Customers employ people. No customers = no sales = no need to manufacture = no employment.

BMW and their managers would like to be selling more, manufacturing more, employing more and therefore making more money.

This is a real problem, and employees/unions turning on companies, though understandable, will solve nothing.

Bat21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2009, 21:05   #2
extreme-4x4
Click here to find out how to become a paid up member

just watched the video and now understand why rover went skint repeatedly
they might as well have made the cars in india or something !
extreme-4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2009, 21:11   #3
Terranosaurus

Vehicle: 2001 2.7 TDi T2 SWB

Poor agency staff - didn't get a employed properly by BMW cos agancy pay is better and tey can pick and choose shifts and now they complain that they're the first to go what with their being expensive to employ (especially after the agancy has taken a cut).

What did they expect a months notce so they could probably quite litterally put a spanner in the works!!!!!!

No sympathy I'm afraid.
Terranosaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2009, 21:18   #4
Terranosaurus

Vehicle: 2001 2.7 TDi T2 SWB

And whilst I'm at it.

So called "Bank" nurses are crippling the NHS, costing the hospitals inordinate amounts of money.

For those not familiar with the term its nurse talk for agency.

The system is nuts, a nurse can be employed through an agency to work at a higher rate of pay (+ the agency fee of course) than their NHS collegaues to do the same work. NHS contracted nurses can do shifts outside their normal hours for agencies and can even end up back on their normal ward working for more money. The NHS should operate its own agency system and stop employing people through these agencies, then perhaps all nurses could be paid a better wage in the first place - a number of nurses choose to work purely for agencies as they earn more and can pick and choose their hours - but the worse bit - WHO DO YOU THINK PAID FOR THEIR TRAINING?
Terranosaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2009, 21:46   #5
extreme-4x4

but the agency workers are not full time employed so therefore loose the right to redundancy and employment laws.

that's why it appeals to the employer.

trouble is the government makes these employment laws then the government agency the nhs exploits these new rules... but the everyday employers like you and me have to stick to the crap employment laws

its all wrong.... agency workers ruined the construction industry long before gordon brown.... he just finished it off when it was down

id stab the fat c...... and gladly do the time

my question is who did profit from new labour
my life was no better ? was yours ?
so who got something from new labour being in power all this time
extreme-4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2009, 22:11   #6
zhorian

who got soemthing from new!labour! ? ..... wellll, new labour mps, government ministers (gold plated pensions, expense account etc etc) , the police (no not that decrepit rock band) - more power, with little control, human rights lawyers, anyone employed by health and safety, the european union .... the list goes on
Old 16-02-2009, 23:48   #7
lacroupade

Extreme is right; although there are exceptions like IT where many skills are in short supply (so contractors get paid a higher rate), these agency workers don't usually get any more in their pockets than permanent staff. I know because the plant is just a few miles away and I know folks who work there.

The agency takes a very fat cut, often 30% or more, but the attraction to the company is that it doesn't pay pension, healthcare or any other benefits, so the net cost to it is about the same as for permanent staff, yet they can (as they did today) dump as many agency staff as they want with no notice and no redundancy costs....great for the employer and fine for the contractor when times are good, but when the sh*t hits the fan, its goodnight Vienna!
lacroupade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2009, 13:07   #8
Jocky

Vehicle: Nissan Patrol 2.8 TD6 Y61

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhorian View Post
who got soemthing from new!labour! ? ..... wellll, new labour mps, government ministers (gold plated pensions, expense account etc etc) , the police (no not that decrepit rock band) - more power, with little control, human rights lawyers, anyone employed by health and safety, the european union .... the list goes on

Well vote for the other team and we'll see what changes

I think some peeps have got short memories

They had the chance to renew Britsh Industry, with the money from north sea oil (wasted wind fall), but chose to pay the money out on unemployment benefit and destroy the unions, who wouldn't have allowed agencies in the 1st place.

Getting back to the NHS, who started all the managers and pen pushers creating their litte empires and swallowing up all the extra cash that gets pumped into the NHS

I know the unions had to be tamed, but there is a place for unions or companies would do what they wanted.