Go Back   :::.Nissan 4x4 Owners Club.::: > General > The Clubs Virtual Pub

The Clubs Virtual Pub For general chat, so come on in and pull up a chair.

Old 05-01-2011, 22:56   #46
makeitfit
Click here to find out how to become a paid up member

Vehicle: Maverick TDi BLACK mmm

Sorry guys I'm so enraged by this thread I cant bring myself to type out all I'd like to shout out I'm incandescent with rage grrrr.

And another thing, Why isn't it illegal to have all the GPS positions of speed traps then? Also the peer to peer on line updates for the likes of hidden plod in the hedges with ray guns not in big vans with stickers

Off for another calming port.............................................. .........
makeitfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 23:25   #47
lacroupade

I did tell you dave LOL.

But what I still haven't seen answered is the Glendinning point. If you warn a car thief that the police are on their way to nick him and he does a runner then you are guilty of obstruction, no question.

But in the case of a motorist flashing oncoming drivers to warn of a speed trap, where is the evidence that the oncomers are speeding and therefore there is something to obstruct?

Ooh, this sounds awfully like another one of my "guilty til proven innoent" threads!!

I would still argue that with a decent brief this guy would have walked.

And I take issue, not to say umbrage, at the accusation that flashers (of the motoring kind obviously) are not doing people a favour.....the objective, as stated many times, is surely to stop speeding, isn't it????

And to answer a point made elsewhere, the genuine data to spport the speed camera argument is sparse at best, The cars we drove in 1979 bear no relation to the NCAP'd safety cells of today and that is a major reason behind the reduction in road deaths. I doubt there was a car in existence then that would get even one star today...
lacroupade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 23:29   #48
(RIP) PLANK

Vehicle: T2 2004 TDI SE LWB

Quote:
Originally Posted by daved View Post

Yes so anyone as pointed out elswhere who couldnt see them without the help of the Grimsby flasher really does need sticking on.
that was a naughty quote you missed out my point! tut tut

Anyway i dont' want you to think my post was in anyway having a go at you mate, you are on here for a little relaxing leisure time the same as the rest of us and though we have had our moments, i count you amongst my mates
(RIP) PLANK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 23:32   #49
lacroupade

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLANK View Post
that was a naughty quote you missed out my point! tut tut

Anyway i dont' want you to think my post was in anyway having a go at you mate, you are on here for a little relaxing leisure time the same as the rest of us and though we have had our moments, i count you amongst my mates
what do you mean - he's an argumentative old tosser

Old 05-01-2011, 23:34   #50
(RIP) PLANK

Vehicle: T2 2004 TDI SE LWB

Quote:
Originally Posted by lacroupade View Post
what do you mean - he's an argumentative old tosser

yes - but so am i!

and you are too come to think of it
(RIP) PLANK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 23:35   #51
Deleted account DD

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLANK View Post

hey no offence taken from anyone anyhere and i hope people takemine the same way
Deleted account DD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 23:38   #52
lacroupade

Quote:
hey no offence taken from anyone anyhere and i hope people takemine the same way
damn
Old 05-01-2011, 23:40   #53
makeitfit

Vehicle: Maverick TDi BLACK mmm

Quote:
Agreed.....................................but I'm still very cross.
makeitfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 23:53   #54
extreme-4x4

well where do you start to comment on this thread.

i suppose the funniest quote was from daved . with his mr not2bright from grimsby i bet the copper who done mr not2bright actually addressed him as that too

another one is that as we all know the job daved has and it seems he is always called upon to explain the legalities or justify what some consider an injustice by the police ( in fairness i think he quite enjoys it too lol)
but i dont beleive daved is the only one with that job here , so with that in mind id say the ones that are members are all pretty straight average people and not like most see as the norm for coppers

my personal view is mr not2bright was unlucky and and lets face it we have all flashed a couple of cars heading that way to let em know , as we have all benefited from someone flashing us in the past.
but if you add to the series of events he flashes a few cars and get pulled over by some lady copper who for whatever reason wanted to pursue this crime as anal a crime as most seem to think here.
maybe she was on, or had a shite couple of days before or split up with her boyfriend she pulled him ..... and you can bet your arse he got all gobby and gave her a bit more shite.

end of the day most coppers only give you a bit of advise and maybe a tiny telling off . unless you done something stoooooooooooopid or dangerous then they give it to you large.

so i suspect he mr not2bright from up north probably asked for it

im with the coppers on this one i doubt its the flashing that got him in court it was more than likely his gob . and the boys/girls in blue just dont like that...
extreme-4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 23:54   #55
Deleted account DD

Quote:
Originally Posted by lacroupade View Post

But what I still haven't seen answered is the Glendinning point. If you warn a car thief that the police are on their way to nick him and he does a runner then you are guilty of obstruction, no question.

But in the case of a motorist flashing oncoming drivers to warn of a speed trap, where is the evidence that the oncomers are speeding and therefore there is something to obstruct?

No idea who or what Glendinning is apart from a small place near Patterdale.

As I tried to point out earlier, if he flashed his lights he should have reason to do so. If he hasnt he has committed an offence but normally so trivial even a passing enforcement officer from the extended police family (yes thats what we have now) would probably have just thought "pratt"

However when there is a suspicion of intent to commit something more serious that must be demonstrated and almost certainly was in this case. He intended to warn other drivers of the speed trap.

Highly commendable until you consider a few further points.

The reason the speed camera is there is because it is a target road. A problem has got to be identified before the camera can be operated there. Therfore it is probably a safe presumption that something needs to be done and flashing headlights at each other on a permanent basis probably isnt the answer.

Therfore enforcement. Now if he really does want to help save lives and slow traffic let those who can follow through and enforce do something. Let the vehicles brake hard when they see the cop by wich time they may be clocked and if the driving is that bad they will get pulled or followed up for dangerous.

His scheme has these individuals braking hard in random spots depending where he chooses to illuminate them on a random basis and no enforcement can be carried out.

So he hasnt thought his safety message through really has he?

However I would bet a fair bit of dosh his defence was absolute rubbish and on misguided principles he wanted to be a good Samaritan to his fellow road users and save them the points so they could speed off to try and have an accident somewhere else.

That is obstruction of a police officer carryng out their duties and thats what he got stuck on for. Whether you agree with him being done or not he's achieved all the points to prove for the offence with ease

Whichever way you come at it, he was stupid. he got caught. He should stop whinging.
Old 05-01-2011, 23:58   #56
briggie

Vehicle: " alice "

mind you , i cant comment ..... i got caught doing 36 in a 30 zone , by a highly visible fixedgatso camera
briggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 00:03   #57
Deleted account DD

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme-4x4 View Post
was more than likely his gob . and the boys/girls in blue just dont like that...

I did wonder on that one.

You just cannot reason with some people at the roadside or anywhere else
Old 06-01-2011, 00:04   #58
Deleted account DD

Quote:
Originally Posted by briggie View Post
mind you , i cant comment ..... i got caught doing 36 in a 30 zone , by a highly visible fixedgatso camera

ahhh.................dont worry i got done a lot more than that by a ****** jumping out of a bush (as I posted elsewhere)who'd left his hi viz and hat in the hidden car
Old 06-01-2011, 00:06   #59
extreme-4x4

Quote:
ahhh.................dont worry i got done a lot more than that by a ****** jumping out of a bush (as I posted elsewhere)who'd left his hi viz and hat in the hidden car
yeah but bet you told him it couldnt stick cos he was out of uniform

you did didnt ya lol
extreme-4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 00:12   #60
Deleted account DD

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme-4x4 View Post
yeah but bet you told him it couldnt stick cos he was out of uniform

you did didnt ya lol

oh he was just not hi viz, still identifiable as a uniformed cop.

I did check mainly cos I didnt like him, but no go.

I would have had to go to court and it would have cost me more, he would have just said his hat had fallen off or some other crap. He did put it on once I was stopped and by his car (dark hat as well not hi viz)

It was before all the rules were rigidly pushed