Go Back   :::.Nissan 4x4 Owners Club.::: > General > I'm new here, please be gentle

I'm new here, please be gentle This is where you can "introduce yourself". A chance for you as a new member to say hello and for you to tell us about yourselves, your truck and your other interests.

Old 23-09-2013, 23:28   #16
Codders
Click here to find out how to become a paid up member

Vehicle: Terrano 3lt auto 2002
Default New motor

Hi chaps, I'm picking my 3lt terrano 05 plate on Friday !! Done a deal with a nissan breakers ... My 3lt patrol(blown head gasket) and a bit of dollar!! I haven't even seen the terrano in the flesh, so what are the things I need to check/look for when I get there?? The garage have changed the bushes(for nylon ones),front pads/discs changed one of the wheel bearings and done a oil and filter change...when I say I know nothing about motors it's an understatement !!! But I'm willing to learn/read and have a go.. Please advise ! Thanks in advance rob
Codders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2013, 07:30   #17
firebobby

Vehicle: Terrano 3.0 SVE 2005

It's worth giving the gearbox and drive train oils a change GL4 spec oil is a must in the gearbox.
Check the gearbox works fine in all gears and the low/high range, listen for knocks, whines,
You should be OK for rust at that age, but do check the under the rear wheel arches where the rear seat belts bolt to, the rear floor load area, front part/rear of the cills if these areas are OK, then put plenty of protection in when you get it home.
What mileage has it done, does it have service history.
firebobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2013, 19:45   #18
RobN

Vehicle: 02 3.0 SVE SWB
Default Welcome

Picked my 3.0 SVE up a few weeks back, after lots of years with a 2.7. Love it
RobN is offline   Reply With Quote