Go Back   :::.Nissan 4x4 Owners Club.::: > General > The Clubs Virtual Pub

The Clubs Virtual Pub For general chat, so come on in and pull up a chair.

Old 25-04-2009, 20:48   #16
extreme-4x4
Click here to find out how to become a paid up member

im not female... does that make me sexist
im not colored .... does that make me racist

i am British ... does that make me a racist

to state that they are not British or as i stated "not bloody British", is merely a fact , as they ...the ones in question are simply not British

i think the problem here is the fact than me, and many others have had enough of giving to people who have not contributed and often have no intention of contributing to our society.

i dont expect everyone to have the same view as me, but i have had enough of giving and getting nothing in return.

and i will be talking with my legs this time... all the way to the polling booth, to make my views very clear.

i trust you will do the same
extreme-4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2009, 21:28   #17
clivvy

Vehicle: Terrano 03 LWB

this is an old argument anyway. its been around since the 70's. its just more and more apparent now due to immigration increases. personally, i dont liek racisim. its a bit old hat. people is people. better to live together, and deal with these spongers as and when. the system needs an overhaul, thats what.
clivvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2009, 21:53   #18
tezzer

Vehicle: transit camper van 1987

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLANK View Post
sorry lads but when a thread becomes this openly racist I think its time to shut it down as I find rascism offensive.

compare this to the Gurkha thread now runnig, and thnk how hypoctitical this is, 'rag heads'? think of the sikh soildiers who have fought and died in world wars for Britain, or does that mean nothing? or do we have two sets of standards for those we like and those we dont?

I know where you are coming from , but as I said this is a policy thing not a reason to insult a persons racial or ethnic origins, surley we can deabate a potential contentious issue without resorting to this?
plank, i doubt you have had to throw any of your children out of your home officaly, so they get a home of thier own, because if you had you would'nt come out with this post, and you would chomping at the bit like me, as for gurkha's i do work with them and yes i would rather live next them than the ragheads who site death to our innocent people they are parasites all of them, how do you think the families of the victims blown up feel. bloody immegrants send them back home. and i have sent an e-mail to downing street suggesting the same, with my address and i hope i do hear from them. then i will have the chance to really pi**ed off, poxy spongers send them home.
tezzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2009, 22:11   #19
extreme-4x4

can i just bring to your attention, someone has made it clear they would prefer the words like "rag head" not to be used.

so while its up to you what you discuss. i think its fair to refrain from using such words.

it is a fact of law the term "rag head" can be considered racist.

i used the term "not bloody british". but no court in the land could find that racist

i did point out earlier, you can discuss whatever you like just choose your words carefully
Old 25-04-2009, 22:42   #20
(RIP) PLANK

Vehicle: T2 2004 TDI SE LWB

as i said im dont want to be getting but your argument is wrong, and yes the statment you make could be considered racist by any court in the right (or wrong) circumstances.

well I would employ her, but im not female! = sexism

i would empoly him, but im not coloured like he is = racism

and the phrase 'coloured' is in itslef seen as racist and unaceptable and has been for the last 20 + years

tezzer, im not having a go at you, i agree you have had bad experiences, but so have we all in many ways, and i can sympathise mate, but send all imigrants home, and poxy scroungers is a bit strong for this site dont you think? So who shall we sart with then? half the pro football players, the duke of edinburgh? or maybe lets go back in history and do the ob properly, the romans? the vikings? or the saxons that invaded and wiped out the indigenous population and as such form the bulk of the dna stiock all british people are now descende from? Immigration has been a constant feature of British history for as long as it has been recorded, so has emmigration, Australia, USA etc began as British colonies. The imigration and scrounger thing is an unaceptable steroptype.

I agree current social policies that seem to priorotise non uk nationals are wrong, but most are funded my central europe and without that cash a lot of the homes would stand empty or derelcit as local councils can't manage them. And that is also wrong!

What we need is a change of policy not more victim blaming! that is too easy to just sit and moan rather than do anyhting about it! I dont think voting will do any good just exchange one load of idiots for another, we need something more radical!

as we are on the subject why did you throw them out? why did you need too?

but you do need to seperate racist comments from the real issues, i.e. imigrants are scroungers what about doctors and scientists etc from the same countries? or are only unmloyed sikhs 'ragheads' and the others are OK? its the double standards that sink the argument! or on the other hand are white unemplyed people sccroungers too? or what about non uk white people? it is too complicatd for words but basically it is wrong to stereotype people on the basis of their ethnicity or nationality regardless of the circmstances.

I am not saying 1000's of people from overseas coming here for free housing and handouts is right, but it is the policy that alows them to do this that is wrong, in the same circumstances we would do the same thing! and in fact do!

I really htink this thread should now be locked and or deleted as it has nothing to add to the smooth running of this club! can non members read this? if so what must any of them think who are outside the UK or are Asian, or mixed race, or imigrants etc etc etc?

I suggest to mods that as soon as a thread takes a racist turn it should be jumped on, before it goes to far!
(RIP) PLANK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2009, 23:00   #21
Liam

Hard to decide my origins,grandfather fought with the British in WW1,uncle was in the RAF in the 60's in Aden,brother was in Reserve Defence Forces in Ireland,Aunt in London,uncle in Hull,surname originated in Devon/Cornwall,born in Dublin now living in Laois.Feel really at home in Scotland. Now my head hurts. Positive things about ethnic diversity? I don't really know except to say I have met and had the pleasure of working with some really smashing people,from a large selection of countries and have discovered that we all seem to share one thing, suspicion,fear,hatred and sometimes even anger at other nationalities ,other than our own. I think it is called jingoism and most people in most countries suffer from it to some degree, even the really nice helpful,humourous,decent people who take the time to post here.
Liam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2009, 23:08   #22
(RIP) PLANK

Vehicle: T2 2004 TDI SE LWB

Quote:
Originally Posted by pajo View Post
Hard to decide my origins,grandfather fought with the British in WW1,uncle was in the RAF in the 60's in Aden,brother was in Reserve Defence Forces in Ireland,Aunt in London,uncle in Hull,surname originated in Devon/Cornwall,born in Dublin now living in Laois.Feel really at home in Scotland. Now my head hurts. Positive things about ethnic diversity? I don't really know except to say I have met and had the pleasure of working with some really smashing people,from a large selection of countries and have discovered that we all seem to share one thing, suspicion,fear,hatred and sometimes even anger at other nationalities ,other than our own. I think it is called jingoism and most people in most countries suffer from it to some degree, even the really nice helpful,humourous,decent people who take the time to post here.
an excellent point! xenophobia! it is often used as a defence mechanism and masks the real problems, in this case a country in crisis, and people doing what they do best - taking advantage of the situation! Arguing for ending imigration is fair enough, but blame the policy makers, our succesive governments, not the imigrants! and even if yo do, racist coments are still not required.

Im not arguing with the sentiment just the appropriatenss of some of the langauge used!
(RIP) PLANK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2009, 23:31   #23
extreme-4x4

so lets get this right.
im allowed to say not uk nationals. but i cant say not bloody british

in not female
im not black
im not gay
im not french

i am white
i am british
i am straight
i am male

whilst as you know i have often been on your side when these things come up.

and i have tried to defuse this thread for your benefit plank.

but you have to explain, how is saying "they are not bloody british" if they are not british
how on earth do you make that racist

example:
in not a banana, so how can that be offensive or discrimination . its not even anti fruit.
its just an explanation that i am not a banana
Old 25-04-2009, 23:34   #24
tezzer

Vehicle: transit camper van 1987

Quote:
Originally Posted by tezzer View Post
plank, i doubt you have had to throw any of your children out of your home officaly, so they get a home of thier own, because if you had you would'nt come out with this post, and you would chomping at the bit like me, as for gurkha's i do work with them and yes i would rather live next them than the ragheads who site death to our innocent people they are parasites all of them, how do you think the families of the victims blown up feel. bloody immegrants send them back home. and i have sent an e-mail to downing street suggesting the same, with my address and i hope i do hear from them. then i will have the chance to really pi**ed off, poxy spongers send them home.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PLANK View Post
as i said im dont want to be getting but your argument is wrong, and yes the statment you make could be considered racist by any court in the right (or wrong) circumstances.

well I would employ her, but im not female! = sexism

i would empoly him, but im not coloured like he is = racism

and the phrase 'coloured' is in itslef seen as racist and unaceptable and has been for the last 20 + years

tezzer, im not having a go at you, i agree you have had bad experiences, but so have we all in many ways, and i can sympathise mate, but send all imigrants home, and poxy scroungers is a bit strong for this site dont you think? So who shall we sart with then? half the pro football players, the duke of edinburgh? or maybe lets go back in history and do the ob properly, the romans? the vikings? or the saxons that invaded and wiped out the indigenous population and as such form the bulk of the dna stiock all british people are now descende from? Immigration has been a constant feature of British history for as long as it has been recorded, so has emmigration, Australia, USA etc began as British colonies. The imigration and scrounger thing is an unaceptable steroptype.

I agree current social policies that seem to priorotise non uk nationals are wrong, but most are funded my central europe and without that cash a lot of the homes would stand empty or derelcit as local councils can't manage them. And that is also wrong!

What we need is a change of policy not more victim blaming! that is too easy to just sit and moan rather than do anyhting about it! I dont think voting will do any good just exchange one load of idiots for another, we need something more radical!

as we are on the subject why did you throw them out? why did you need too?

but you do need to seperate racist comments from the real issues, i.e. imigrants are scroungers what about doctors and scientists etc from the same countries? or are only unmloyed sikhs 'ragheads' and the others are OK? its the double standards that sink the argument! or on the other hand are white unemplyed people sccroungers too? or what about non uk white people? it is too complicatd for words but basically it is wrong to stereotype people on the basis of their ethnicity or nationality regardless of the circmstances.

I am not saying 1000's of people from overseas coming here for free housing and handouts is right, but it is the policy that alows them to do this that is wrong, in the same circumstances we would do the same thing! and in fact do!

I really htink this thread should now be locked and or deleted as it has nothing to add to the smooth running of this club! can non members read this? if so what must any of them think who are outside the UK or are Asian, or mixed race, or imigrants etc etc etc?

I suggest to mods that as soon as a thread takes a racist turn it should be jumped on, before it goes to far!

hi plank, quote--as we are on the subject why did you throw them out? why did you need too?

when my daughter got married they were both working and could only get private rental, really wanted to buy their own house but could not get a mortage on their earnings, anyway paid the deposit and moved in, a loverly 2 bedroom flat, only a year old, daughter had a baby, and 6 montyhs later son in law lost his job because of cut backs and so they could'nt afford to stay there, the council would only pay a certain amount of the rent and when they used their savings they had to move in with the wife and me, signed on council books for a council house and was told it will 7-9 years before they would get a house of their own. after 6 months living with us we contacted CAB and was told the only way forward was to throw them out, i did ask around and found out this is a common practise, that has to be wrong, anyway while sil and daughter were in the council office a black family came in, went straight in because there was an interperter waiting to help with filling forms and they were given drinks, and that has to be wrong, so im sorry if you took offence about my posting but i have had agut full of the stupid system in this country. so thats why i had to throw them out, and i felt a right bastard for doing it mate.
but it worked and they have a 3 bedroom house privately rented, and the land lord is a diamond she dropped the rent so the council will pay the rent. AMEN

tezzer
tezzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2009, 08:24   #25
Deleted account DD

Tezzer, I have absolute sympathy with the housing problem, but !!!!

Due to the area I work and live, my missus too, we have come into contact with quite a range of different ethnic backgrounds and cultures as well as our own.

I can say with absolute conviction and first hand experience that amongst every group there is the same spectrum of personalities ethics and morals from the downright obnoxious criminal through to the person who'd give you their own waterproofs in a rain storm.

Not having a go at anyone at all but some of the terms that have been used on here are downright offensive, particularly as Plank says, the root of the problems are policy decisions which down the line get even more distorted, changing perceptions and expectations.

Last thought, we all sit here banging away on the keyboard, apart from those you've met or seen pics of how do you know the ethnic background of the members on here? I've met one off here but other than that no one else has seen me.

Most will possibly have a mental image of me as white English, but as I havent said how do you know I'm not an African Moslem with Brit nationality deeply offended by coments posted in a public forum. I could be considering actions ranging from binning membership of a racist motor club through to being about to contact the local police this afternoon , to ask them to have a look at the comments on here which I perceive as racist making me a victim.

Dont worry, I'm not, I'm more likely to tell you what to go do but it does happen
Deleted account DD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2009, 08:52   #26
extreme-4x4

well i can say without question, my comments were simply to defuse the situation that was close to boiling point, and i tried to encourage members to use non or less offensive words.
but this was obviously mis interpreted by plank

as a parent of someone who is not white nor are they African Indian or whatever, his farther had Indian roots , but a long way back
this has always had a dilemma for him .
filling in forms etc. hospital and so on friends at school

this question has often come up in our household. how does he describe himself, what is his identity
after all he is British, but he's not white. he is not black or yellow.
he is not Indian, African or Chinese

we have spent many hours days weeks discussing this with him. living and being part of a very white family, doing all the things families do shopping days out and so on. yes people stare some even ask
so we know. we have been there.
often made worse by the fact his older sister is white, and younger sister's are too

and the answer he came up with was
he is SAM
he is British
he has colored skin

and he is our son

that's what he chose that's what he is happy with
Old 26-04-2009, 09:19   #27
mav

Don’t forget Bats policy is not to delete posts, lock yes by all means but not delete.

I know for a fact from my old members list (real names) that there are offended members in this club right now who are biting there tongues.

Mav.
mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2009, 13:41   #28
Deleted account DD

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav View Post
I know for a fact from my old members list (real names) that there are offended members in this club right now who are biting there tongues.

Mav.
Thank you Mav, when I posted the above I did wonder if I was fairly well alone in my thoughts or if people were keeping quiet.

People must understand that just because theyre not offended doesnt mean that its ok to use certain terminology or other expression.

The bottom line is that if anyone perceives anything racist has ocured, they can report it as an offence.

Quite rightly too.
Deleted account DD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2009, 15:43   #29
ern1e

Vehicle: ford maverick

there was something on telly and in the paper about a chap ( from what county that i cant remember ) that owned a post office and he said he wouldnt serve anyone that spoke in a diff language while in the there and he was told he was being racist so at the end of the day its just not us that get called racist,

this sort of thing happens all over the world so we are not alone and just remember that and im not having a dig at anyone that has posted on this topic as we all have diff opinons on this so put up or shut up and thats my moaning done
ern1e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2009, 18:16   #30
ssteve

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by tezzer View Post
yes, i am now officaly racist and bloody pi**ed off, i have had to throw my daughter out on the street, write a letter explaining that i have thrown them out, then they phone me to comfirm again that i wrote the letter, they then phoned again and asked if i could keep them for 2 more days and they will sort out accomadation, today they had an emergency appointment, and have been sent 15 miles away in a hotel that is full of immigrants, also they dont drive so i have to take them there, now all the immigrants are housed in my area in NEW houses and FLATS, because as soon as they are offered a house/ flat they dont want, they say the interviewer is a racist, what a poxy joke, there is sixty new homes been built where my old school was, i bet no one there will speaks english.

foreigners in the housing office are offered drinks, not the bloody british people, if they complain they are told to leave, my wife has seen this first hand when she went with the daughter to make an appointment.

now is anybody going to tell me im wrong for being a racist, this is happening all over britain and it is WRONG we should look after our own first.

tezzer

got my vote

ssteve
ssteve is offline   Reply With Quote