Go Back   :::.Nissan 4x4 Owners Club.::: > General > The Clubs Virtual Pub

The Clubs Virtual Pub For general chat, so come on in and pull up a chair.

Old 08-02-2009, 23:45   #1
(RIP) PLANK
Click here to find out how to become a paid up member

Vehicle: T2 2004 TDI SE LWB
Default Yokohama Geolander GO12 tyres

The soone socks thread made me thing of this:

I have just put a new set of the above tyres on one of my wifes Suzuki Grand Vitara's tyre size is limited in the OEM size, so it was hard work finding any witrh a decent tread, my choice would have been BFG AT for the driving we do.

Many rorums are rating these as slightly better than BFG's and so far they have been pretty good but a bit early to tell, though the BFG tread pattern had ben arounf for donkey's years and so maybe a bit of 21stC revamping is due.

Anway my point is this according to Yokohama, the best thing for gripping on snow is 'snow' and these new tyres incorporate small serated grooves to pick up a littel snow and use it as a grip on the rest of the slippery stuff, and so far, over fields and bridal paths in soime pretty deep stuff they do seem to work no problems.

Has nayone else tried out this particular tyre it is the A/T-S GO12?
(RIP) PLANK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 23:51   #2
Terranosaurus

Vehicle: 2001 2.7 TDi T2 SWB

Not used them but I'm a big fan of yoko tyres. Had Geolander MT+'s on my old Mav, they're th etyre that everyone else has copied since (CLoway Macho etc) and were great. Wore well and gripped well even on the road though obviously they came into their own offroad. Yoko seem to get the rubber compound right as well as the tread and they really grip, I suppose remoulders etc have less choice in that department.
Terranosaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 00:57   #3
Bat21
Administrator

Vehicle: Tonka Toy

Hi Plank, I've never tried Yoko's on my Patrol but did consider them recently as the tread pattern, while not too aggressive, looks like it would be an excellent choice..... I went for the tried and tested BFG AT's in the end.

Yokohama Geolander AT-S GO12
Bat21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 16:55   #4
(RIP) PLANK

Vehicle: T2 2004 TDI SE LWB

they look like the ones but in the latest incarnation of them there are littel serated 'cuts' into the tread blocks, i will have to try and take a close up and see if it will show up, they seem very good so far though.

I didnt have much choice in the original tyres size and my wife didnt really want to lift the car or anyhting as she uses it every day for kids shopping etc. (and goes off road in it every day) these seemed the best combination of price and brand reputaion out of the very few tyres on offer.
(RIP) PLANK is offline   Reply With Quote