Go Back   :::.Nissan 4x4 Owners Club.::: > General > I'm new here, please be gentle

I'm new here, please be gentle This is where you can "introduce yourself". A chance for you as a new member to say hello and for you to tell us about yourselves, your truck and your other interests.

Old 02-10-2016, 15:37   #31
johnb5177
Click here to find out how to become a paid up member

Vehicle: 02Terrano II 3.0 SVE Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by jims-terrano View Post
After reading those I think it was Elty or LazyFerret that did that.
I used a piece of 5mm MDF, works fine finished in matt black.....
johnb5177 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 22:15   #32
zephyr

Vehicle: 2001 TerranoII SE+ 2.7Tdi

Thanks Thomas and Jim.

Apologies for you to explain to me and spend your time to check this for me At this moment I'm a bit indecisive if I will replace it or not as I'm not confident that I can complete the hazard light's part.

Possibly I'd do other things first such as changing headlights, filters, tinted windows etc.... but surely the information you gave me will something I will look into to prepare for it.
zephyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 22:53   #33
jims-terrano

Small steps Zehyr, we all start somewhere and the support on here is second to none.
jims-terrano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 23:33   #34
elty001

Vehicle: 2000se+ 2.7tdi terrano II

I made my facia from MDF.
Hazard switch from eBay for a couple of quid.
elty001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 06:34   #35
Thomas61

Vehicle: Terrano but now Honda CRV

Hi mate,

I have not done my radio yet for the same reason. My car is a daily driver and is needed without fail so i have to be 100% confident that what I start I can finish and successfully.

As for the TA button on the radio if this is the reason for your beeping then I believe it only has one function press once for on and press again for off. May not be the reason but I always like to start with the simple before hurting my brain with the hard.
Thomas61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 06:45   #36
zephyr

Thank you, Jim. I'm aiming to learn to do more from where I stand now. I appreciate this forum/exprts like you are here!

I drove about 50 miles yesterday going through central London to the west, coming back and I became to like Terrano more. I think this is because although I didn't need to speed up much, I knew there's enough power to do so if I require and the sound from engine, vibration from steering wheel made me feel as if I was driving a far more bigger car, ha!

Thomas, apart from fading LCD all functions are working and this hazard light thingy is putting me off a bit. What I wanted to do was bluetooth connection to my Sony so that I can listen to music from my mobile, pick up calls, but I suppose these are "convenienve" and not mandatory things to do.

Will see if I understand enough all bits about how I'd do it without failure before starting. So it's on my list, but this isn't immediate homework!
Old 03-10-2016, 06:47   #37
zippy656

Vehicle: Nissan Note Ntec 1.5

I found doing radio simple, didn't usage any problems

No hazard switch though, as mine is lower.

New radio was from lidl, adapter cable from from halfords.
zippy656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 07:16   #38
jims-terrano

Quote:
Originally Posted by zehyr View Post
Thank you, Jim. I'm aiming to learn to do more from where I stand now. I appreciate this forum/exprts like you are here!
I'm no expert, I'm just a loud mouth with far too much time on my hands this weekend. I'm normally out volunteering for a youth group on a weekend so makes a change to have a break.
Seriously though I'm no expert, I can just remember threads on here and also jobs I have and still need to do on my truck. I lost all confidence working on my own cars but with the help of this forum and it's members I've gained confidence back so that I can tackle jobs.

Enjoy your new teuck and all you need to do is little jobs and of course youa re right get any mechanical repairs sorted before the radio.
jims-terrano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 08:43   #39
zephyr

Quote:
Originally Posted by jims-terrano View Post
I'm no expert, I'm just a loud mouth with far too much time on my hands this weekend. I'm normally out volunteering for a youth group on a weekend so makes a change to have a break.
Seriously though I'm no expert, I can just remember threads on here and also jobs I have and still need to do on my truck. I lost all confidence working on my own cars but with the help of this forum and it's members I've gained confidence back so that I can tackle jobs.

Enjoy your new teuck and all you need to do is little jobs and of course youa re right get any mechanical repairs sorted before the radio.
Thanks, Jim. It encourages me to do a bit of work on my Terrano. Only rusts are bit of let down though. Still waiting for quotation for all engineering bits.

zippy656
Yeah, I'd replace it without hesitation if the hazard light is not involved. Just I feel a bit troublesome if I have to do something about it. But I haven't given up and surely will attempt to do the job!