Go Back   :::.Nissan 4x4 Owners Club.::: > General > Members free classifieds and wanted items.

Members free classifieds and wanted items. Place your Nissan/Ford 4x4 vehicles or related items for sale and wanted here.

Old 27-01-2015, 22:51   #1
Barrbeast
Click here to find out how to become a paid up member

Vehicle: 1990 4.2 SWB Safari
Default Y61 Trol recovery point

So those of you who have seen my project thread update will know that I've replaced my original factory point and the extra one I had fitted with a pair of aftermarket rated points.

The one on the right (the additional point) was bent in an argument with a rocky ledge but the original one is good

If any of the Y61 owners in the forum want it they can have it for the price of postage. The benefit of two points is that you you can put a strap between them so you can recover/tow from both chassis rails instead of just one. The nearside rail should already have the holes and captive nuts in place for fitting a second point.

Russell it will definitely fit yours. Ian, I just checked your suspension lift pics and your current recovery point is the same as the Y60s (bolts onto the side of chassis rail instead of the bottom) so I don't know if it would fit your Trol although there does seem to be the holes on the bottom of each chassis rail.

Think they changed the recovery point types around 2002
Barrbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2015, 10:03   #2
Fez_uk

Vehicle: Maverick 2.7 - Patrol 4.2

I've got one of these somewhere too
Fez_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2015, 10:25   #3
russell.huffer

Vehicle: Patrol 3.0 SVE

How strange I ordered a tap a couple of days ago to clean out the threads as they are full of mud and I planned to put something in there as the other day I got towed on ruts but my recovery point was on the other side to the towing vehicle and it kept pulling us out the ruts causing lots of grief, so yes defo interested if Ian does not want them.

Kind regards

Russell.
russell.huffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2015, 14:14   #4
Barrbeast

Cool, I would just send you the original non-bent one as the other one is only fit for the scrap heap tbh. (they're both the same)

You'll need a couple M12 bolts (fine thread I think) and spring washers and jobs a good 'un

If you pm me your address I can get a price for postage.
Old 17-06-2015, 14:29   #5
russell.huffer

Vehicle: Patrol 3.0 SVE

Just shows how shit Nissan are with regards to spares had these bolts on order 5 months and still got nothing, Patrol is a great vehicle but made by muppets seriously question if I would buy another 2nd hand Nissan. Anyways took Barrbeast advice and sourced bolts via ebay and last night after many months I put the second recovery point on the Patrol, that's the good bit but on a bad note looks like I may have swivel starting to leak on nearside, swivals are only 1 year old and just had new wheel bearings so not sure if it is just a bit of excess grease worked its way out or if it is diff oil. need mot next month s must sort.

Kind regards

Russell.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WP_20150616_010.jpg (41.6 KB, 33 views)
russell.huffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2015, 21:25   #6
Barrbeast

Glad you got it sorted bud

Leaky swivel is almost certainly axle seal gone most likely due to a knackered swivel bearing (I've just had one go myself). It's also possible it could be a blocked diff breather so check the swivel for play (even a little is enough, mines not huge but I've got a good leak).