Go Back   :::.Nissan 4x4 Owners Club.::: > General > The Clubs Virtual Pub

The Clubs Virtual Pub For general chat, so come on in and pull up a chair.

Old 08-12-2008, 21:38   #1
iandouglas
Click here to find out how to become a paid up member

Vehicle: LANDROVER Disco 300TDI
Default diesel prices

Tesco 102.9
morissons. 99.9 :P
glad i didnt fill up at the weekend as morrisons didnt drop price till today.
rgds.iandouglas
iandouglas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 21:49   #2
Jocky

Vehicle: Nissan Patrol 2.8 TD6 Y61

Same price in this neck of the woods.

Down to my last 5p a litre off tesco voucher :

:smile:
Old 08-12-2008, 22:21   #3
zippy656

Vehicle: Nissan Note Ntec 1.5

i had one 5p off.. used it when 105.9 then saw another tesco at 102.p the next day..

humpf!
zippy656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 06:54   #4
rossco

Vehicle: NIssan Mistral

What goes must come down, will eventually

But how come fuel goes up 20 times as faster than it comes down :cry: :cry: :cry:

Has anyone heard of a oil company laying staff off or closing down due to the economic down turn ???

Any need propping up by the governments ????

Newtons theory doesn't work on fuel prices :roll: :roll:

Even the Somali pirates are struggling to get a good price for the captured tanker as they haven't captured a refinery to process the oil.

Sitting as a tank of crude oil is worthless just about. $40 a barrel compared to $140 4 months ago.
rossco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 10:12   #5
Jocky

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossco
What goes must come down, will eventually

But how come fuel goes up 20 times as faster than it comes down :cry: :cry: :cry:

Has anyone heard of a oil company laying staff off or closing down due to the economic down turn ???

Any need propping up by the governments ????

Newtons theory doesn't work on fuel prices :roll: :roll:

Even the Somali pirates are struggling to get a good price for the captured tanker as they haven't captured a refinery to process the oil.

Sitting as a tank of crude oil is worthless just about. $40 a barrel compared to $140 4 months ago.
Rossco a lot of the small oil companies will struggle when oil goes below 40 dollars a barrel, they've did their sums for 60 to 80 dollars a barrel, even when it was 140.
Thats why or OPEC friends!!!!!!!!! will cut production and force the price back up to between 60 to 80.
Reason being they are up to their eyeballs in dept (small oil companies). So new projects and drilling gets canned so they start closing assets. Oil companies need to find a new barrel of oil for every barrel that they pump, more if possible.

Remember a few years ago when Shell said they had more reserves than they actualy had 8O

Yes I know what you mean about the price going down to slow :twisted: but I think one of the reasons for that is they have already paid X amount for the fuel in the tank, so don't drop it till next fill up or they would lose money 8O

:
Old 09-12-2008, 11:24   #6
rossco

Vehicle: NIssan Mistral

As you say about the price and whats in the tank the same applies for the price gong up.
Its amazing the price per barrel goes up and the next day the pump price is up, have they just restocked no way .

If you look into fuel companies there are not many small ones as they are either owned or supplied by the major companies.

How many tankers are anchored off the coast around the world waiting for the price to go up, you'll be surprised. They have done it before and will again.

At the end of the day it's all about power and money.

Let see what profits are posted this year.

How many billion did Shell alone make last year ????

8O
rossco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 12:30   #7
Jocky

Quote:
As you say about the price and whats in the tank the same applies for the price gong up.
Its amazing the price per barrel goes up and the next day the pump price is up, have they just restocked no way .

If you look into fuel companies there are not many small ones as they are either owned or supplied by the major companies.

How many tankers are anchored off the coast around the world waiting for the price to go up, you'll be surprised. They have done it before and will again.

8O
I agree what your saying whem price goes up (profiteering), but governments have a lot to answer for on tax. The price per litre on tax is unreal here in the UK.

I was talking about smaller oil producers not refiners. There a loads in the North Sea. Platforms which used to be Shell, Bp and the yank lot that they said were unproductive have been sold or even given away to small oil companies which have borrowed hugely, to drill new wells which shell, BP etc would not spend the cash on.
The major oil companies want £10 return for every £1 spent. If they don't get that they will and are all going to Africa.

They are still greedy gits, but they've got to keep the share holders happy, which is your pension funds etc or they won't be there.

Old 09-12-2008, 21:48   #8
floyd500b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jocky
Quote:

8O
I agree what your saying whem price goes up (profiteering), but governments have a lot to answer for on tax. The price per litre on tax is unreal here in the UK.

I was talking about smaller oil producers not refiners. There a loads in the North Sea. Platforms which used to be Shell, Bp and the yank lot that they said were unproductive have been sold or even given away to small oil companies which have borrowed hugely, to drill new wells which shell, BP etc would not spend the cash on.
The major oil companies want £10 return for every £1 spent. If they don't get that they will and are all going to Africa.

They are still greedy gits, but they've got to keep the share holders happy, which is your pension funds etc or they won't be there.

Jocky I agree with all of the above :smile:
You have a slightly different view when you know folks in the small oil co's. Even BP & Shell are a different beast these days - they finally realised they are hugely inefficient and off-loaded UK assets to the small guys and disappeared to Africa & other places with big $$.

Cheers

Graham
floyd500b is offline   Reply With Quote