Go Back   :::.Nissan 4x4 Owners Club.::: > General > I'm new here, please be gentle

I'm new here, please be gentle This is where you can "introduce yourself". A chance for you as a new member to say hello and for you to tell us about yourselves, your truck and your other interests.

Old 10-06-2015, 21:47   #16
Barrbeast
Click here to find out how to become a paid up member

Vehicle: 1990 4.2 SWB Safari

I got my catch can from Darkside Developments

http://www.darksidedevelopments.co.u...ceted_search=0

I did a pdf write up on the other bits I used, but you may need to pay your £10 to get access to the thread containing the link (£10 well spent even without my pdfs )

I just got my EGR blank off ebay (I also did a pdf on the egr blank). According to the Aus forums you should also fit a needle valve if fitting a dawes. Tbh I would just screw out your VNT stop (also covered in the pdf) instead of bothering with dawes and needle valve
Barrbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 20:05   #17
Mr K

Vehicle: Nissan Patrol Y61 2.8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemo View Post
Well hello to everyone, my love affair with patrols started around 10 years ago in New Zealand when I bought my first 1989 GQ patrol td4.2 diesel swb, since that day I have struggled with owning any other 4x4 and always compare whatever it is to the patrol, I can't tell you what it is but I just love them, also had three Nissan terrano's, two 2.7 td and one 3.0 petrol. I did buy and sell a few patrols tidying them up and selling, also built a few up as off-roaders..my first GU patrol was a 1999 lwb 4.2 turbo diesel green over gold which I bought without seeing and had shipped to the North island from the South Island which was owned by the New Zealand earth quake commission needed a little paintwork doing but other than that really nice and well serviced. I will put up some pics and history when I have a bit more time...
Hi Daemo, whereabouts in northants are you. Im down in Brackley. Let me know if you fancy doing any lanes or anything. Are you a member of the northants4x4 club also? Welcome to the club, I've also got a y61 lwb and a disco 1
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 21:29   #18
Daemo

Vehicle: Patrol y61, safari y60.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
Hi Daemo, whereabouts in northants are you. Im down in Brackley. Let me know if you fancy doing any lanes or anything. Are you a member of the northants4x4 club also? Welcome to the club, I've also got a y61 lwb and a disco 1
Hi mate I am in burton latimer, yes I am in northants4x4 same user name. still have my rangie bobtail for laning/playing, would be nice to get out to do some lanes have to key something up and go. I've bought the patrol for general use but it will evolve into something else over time.. The zd30 has always been a bit of a worry especially as these trucks are not cheap but I love them and always have so took a chance regardless...
Daemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 21:49   #19
Mr K

Vehicle: Nissan Patrol Y61 2.8

Lol, im in the exact same boat. The troll is the family car with baby seats in and the disco is for offroading although the troll is awesome that might have to change. I dont know whether to modify the family car or replace the disco with a swb troll ha ha.
Same user name on Northants 4x4 too, let us know if you fancy getting out and about although im quite new to the area so dont have much knowledge of the area unfortunately.
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 23:04   #20
Daemo

Vehicle: Patrol y61, safari y60.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
Lol, im in the exact same boat. The troll is the family car with baby seats in and the disco is for offroading although the troll is awesome that might have to change. I dont know whether to modify the family car or replace the disco with a swb troll ha ha.
Same user name on Northants 4x4 too, let us know if you fancy getting out and about although im quite new to the area so dont have much knowledge of the area unfortunately.
I would go swb troll or safari if I could find one at reasonable money, there is a good one on eBay but it's 4k for a 1993. I pretty much know the GQ y60 models inside out, they are a true solid 4x4 if you get a good body/chassis which wasn't difficult in NZ but for obvious reasons is harder here, landys are not that sort after in oz and NZ and have a small following 4.2diesel nissans and toyos are the main trucks for reliability..
Daemo is offline   Reply With Quote