Go Back   :::.Nissan 4x4 Owners Club.::: > General > The Clubs Virtual Pub

The Clubs Virtual Pub For general chat, so come on in and pull up a chair.

Old 29-10-2010, 12:23   #16
Muckypup
Click here to find out how to become a paid up member

Vehicle: Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0

There were a few good teachers tho, the ones who had been around forever and needed to retire they were old-school and still had old school values. I remember Mr Lonsdale our eccentric maths teacher, two lads had a problem he'd drag us both out into the west wing and tell us to scrap it out and have done with the problem. Most of the time we just stood there like lemons, so then came the dettention for disrupting his class and not being man enough to sort our differences

He'd be sacked and dragged through court in an instant now
Muckypup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2010, 13:08   #17
Liam

I don't feel sorry for the kids of today, only feel sorry that so many of them have wimpy parents who allow this bullshit to go on in their schools and do nothing about it. No point muttering among themselves about how their kids don't have the freedom they had,should just get off their backsides and send the kids to schools who still allow a little freedom or build one themselves if they can't find one. Remember,home schooling is also an option, then the kids can be taught the values the parents want not what is imposed on them.

It should be easier to home school now,with so many people sitting at home unemployed.
Liam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2010, 13:46   #18
lacroupade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam View Post
I don't feel sorry for the kids of today, only feel sorry that so many of them have wimpy parents who allow this bullshit to go on in their schools and do nothing about it. No point muttering among themselves about how their kids don't have the freedom they had,should just get off their backsides and send the kids to schools who still allow a little freedom or build one themselves if they can't find one. Remember,home schooling is also an option, then the kids can be taught the values the parents want not what is imposed on them.

It should be easier to home school now,with so many people sitting at home unemployed.
Agreed

My sister was a head teacher in a large comprehensive, and she has shitloads of experience with special needs kids as well....but she gave it up and went back to being a basic teacher because she got fed up with all the thug parents coming into school and threatening her and the teachers with all sorts because they'd given precious little Johnny a bollocking for waving a knife around.

It makes me puke....we got caned, slippered and all sorts but it was just a big game - you got caught, you took the punishment, simple. And you grew up in the process.

Kids of today don't seem to have a sense of values, they get all the 'stuff' they want and they seem to be able to do what they please without fear of retribution. Bring back the old days I say, teach the little gobshites some respect.
lacroupade is offline   Reply With Quote