Go Back   :::.Nissan 4x4 Owners Club.::: > General > I'm new here, please be gentle

I'm new here, please be gentle This is where you can "introduce yourself". A chance for you as a new member to say hello and for you to tell us about yourselves, your truck and your other interests.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 25-07-2010, 03:04   #1
pablo0874
Click here to find out how to become a paid up member

Vehicle: nissan terrano se 2,7tdi
Default not sure where to post this sorry

hello to everyone and many :thanks for all the advice from everyone first of all i am going to sign up just stumped at the minute ,
the terrano is a 2.7tdi p reg se it has a hitachi maf 2262800 2j200 afh 7014 ive found it very hard to locate one of these and just keep getting told that the one for my year is the one i keep seeing on the internet for about 40 quid but its not the same maf ,does anyone know if it will work ?
the diagnostic shown a maf problem and a throttle pedal sensor i will clean the maf as you suggested but its as if when this happens as it is not continual the problem comes and then goes ,but when it happens it is as if the accelerator pedal gets pulled down as if sticxking i know its not cabled to the engine its one of these elctronic ones just wondering if theres a chance the mechanics of the pedal may be sticking and causing the problem with the sensor,
the best way i can explain is when you take youre foot off the pedal and the revs usually gradually drop sometimes the revs take a bit longer to drop as if youre foot was still there .
today ive been out in the terrano no light the light came on with the reduced revs and such i tapped the pedal sharply twice and off it went ,anyone else experienced this sort of thing?, and before i forget the nissaan dealers said you cannot get the sensor on the throttle on its own but ive seen similar on the internet from other cars like a small black thing located on the side of the drum type thing on top of the accelerator pedal held in by two crosshead screws.
im hoping to pulll acaravan next week to devon and dont want to do it limited many thanks in advance
pablo0874 is online now Report Post Reply With Quote
pablo0874 is offline   Reply With Quote