Go Back   :::.Nissan 4x4 Owners Club.::: > General > Members free classifieds and wanted items.

Members free classifieds and wanted items. Place your Nissan/Ford 4x4 vehicles or related items for sale and wanted here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-05-2015, 15:54   #1
manora
Click here to find out how to become a paid up member

Vehicle: 1998 Terrano 2 2.7 TDi SE
Default '98 Terrano Tdi TII for disposal

A sad day has arrived, my ’98 Terrano TDI TII has finally gone beyond the amount of work required, to keep her road worthy, that I am prepared to commit to. So I need to get rid of it.

The choices are :-
Scrape it, not if it can be of use to somebody.
Take it apart and sell the bits individually.
Let it go for spares or repair.

1st choice is to part with it cheap to somebody who can put the bits to good use.

THE GOOD STUFF
Has always been reliable, No1 cylinder injector, a starter motor and a water pump apart.
2” lift springs
Manual free wheel hubs
Lokka diff lock on the front
Engine is good, no smoke of any colour. A bit of tappet possible but otherwise smooth and normal diesel.
Gearbox/Transfer Box is OK, bit stiff into 1st on cold mornings but fine when warm. 4 WD engages as it should.
Rear axle is good – no odd noises and the LSD works as it should.
Tyres – 235/75R15 Nexen Roadian AT2 - 2 good on steel rims and 4 usable but worn on alloys.
Steering/ brakes do the job but have done a few rough miles so condition is what you would expect.

THE BAD STUFF
The body is ratty at best, front wings rusty and sills are more paint than metal.
The main problem is the chassis at the rear, both top spring mounts are rotten to collapsing and the rear most cross member is similar.
The car is drivable, the spring mounts have not collapsed YET but I wouldn’t put any weight on the back or try off roading!!
It does have a current MOT, good until end of August but that no way implies that I believe the car to be truly road worthy and would be acquired on that understanding.

What do I want for it? Good question. If anybody is prepared to come and take it away - then that is the price.
If I break it for spares/bits then prices would be negotiable.

PM if you are interested.
manora is offline   Reply With Quote