Go Back   :::.Nissan 4x4 Owners Club.::: > General > The Clubs Virtual Pub

The Clubs Virtual Pub For general chat, so come on in and pull up a chair.

Old 07-08-2014, 09:45   #1
macabethiel
Click here to find out how to become a paid up member

Vehicle: Freelander & Jeep GC 3.0
Thumbs down Post Holiday Bug

Well got back from our last holiday in Austria (ever # see below) last Friday 1st August and we spent the night at the Sheraton as it was a late landing and we did not fancy driving home in the early hours.

When I tried to go to sleep started with a hacking cough and had to kip sat up in bed - not comfy. As the weekend progressed so did the cough and fever.

Did not go into work on Monday thought I would be fit by Wednesday my normal day off. Went to the doctors on Tuesday -he declared I had a chest infection and if not better by next Monday then see him again. Obviously not keen to give antibiotics quite rightly I guess.

Rang in to work to tell them I would not be in for the rest of the week and yesterday felt quite good. Woke up this morning in a pool of sweat and a throat thet felt like the missus had tried to strangle me in my sleep!

As things stand today I have a feeling I might be at the docs again on Monday !

# Austria is a beatiful country as I am bound to say as I was born there in 'Klagenfurt am Wortesee'. The visit was a bit of a pilgrimage for my brother and I to take her ashes to her home town.
My cousin Heidi and her husband Gottfried live out an idylic retirement - they are both in thier early seventies but the living costs seem high as atourist.

To call Austria expensive is an understatement eating out was a good example.
A soup starter was around 15 Euros a main between 20 and 30 Euros but it was the extras that mounted up. If you asked for some bread a small basket arrived cost 7-8 Euros. A bowl of chips 8 Euros. For the two of us with a couple of beers and glasses of wine your bill easily top 100 Euros for two of you! We are talking street cafes here not silver service!

We stayed in a very nice City Centre Hotel the Sandwirth and booked bed and breakfast thank goodness. There was concessionary valet parking that cost 10.20 Euros a day plus 5 Eros for a weeks valet parking. Our car park bill was just over 68 Euros for 6 days parking!
That was a concession rate some parking was 10 Euros for 6 hours!
Clothing was also expensive. The local C&A was around the same price as M&S in the UK.
Made our frist holiday in Spain in 1968 seem good value - 2 weeks on the Costa Brava full board in a 3 star hotel for £49. 19s. 6p for both of us !
macabethiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 10:25   #2
AlexD333

Vehicle: 2004 Terrano 2.7 TDI

Bloody ell, coulda bought a new terrano for that money
AlexD333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 10:40   #3
macabethiel

Vehicle: Freelander & Jeep GC 3.0
Angry What I could have spent to dosh on !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexD333 View Post
Bloody ell, coulda bought a new terrano for that money
Don't think I have not thought about what I could have bought for the cost of the holiday !

Nice Bently type grille for my Chrysler 300C estate, super chip upgrade for the diesel engine, dark tinted gangsta widows for the rear glass area, built in satnav,etc, etc

The wife could buy a pair of Jimmy Choo Shoes with the change!

Crikey the Santa Fe cost less than half the cost of the trip.

Now I am depressed !!
macabethiel is offline   Reply With Quote