Go Back   :::.Nissan 4x4 Owners Club.::: > General > The Clubs Virtual Pub

The Clubs Virtual Pub For general chat, so come on in and pull up a chair.

Old 30-12-2011, 21:28   #1
96terrano
Click here to find out how to become a paid up member

Vehicle: Nissan Terrano 2.7TD LWB
Default permission to advertise club

i am wondering it its ok to advertise this club. there is a lot more nissan 4x4s and mavericks in this area of scotland and im wanting to get this club across to people. i was going to put these flyers on peoples 4x4s http://www.nissan4x4ownersclub.com/promo/flyer.pdf im just double cheaking its ok before i do anythintg
96terrano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2011, 21:31   #2
zippy656

Vehicle: Nissan Note Ntec 1.5

go 4 it..

i have the little cards in the t2, just put them on ALL nissan 4x4's i see
zippy656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2011, 21:39   #3
96terrano

cheers, i'll load the printer up with ink.
Old 30-12-2011, 22:08   #4
zippy656

Vehicle: Nissan Note Ntec 1.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96terrano View Post
cheers, i'll load the printer up with ink.
don't forget the paper too
zippy656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2011, 22:13   #5
96terrano

Quote:
Originally Posted by zippy656 View Post
don't forget the paper too
ohh yeah, i better put that in too, lol
Old 30-12-2011, 22:23   #6
rustic

Vehicle: Maverick Mk I 2.7 TD LWB

As I have said before, it would be nice to see "Presented by.......... " on the promo material, so that the individual can see his efforts are rewarded.....
You could use your membership number, to save members names being used.
I still have my original membership card.....

How about introduce 10 new members get a free ...........

Or a year's free membership.
£100 income for £10 cost..... Very low cost of sales to me...

Since there are no new Terranos being built, the market for new members is actually getting smaller.

There are not many drivers of Murrano or Quasq!!! thingies joining the site.
A few Xtrail, Pathfinders and Navaras.
Not many Mavericks of the "Mazda Tribute" variety either.

So is the Patrol still in production, or is that also a declining membership opportunity?

So where is the future of the club going?

What is the current split of membership vs model these days, and is it being monitored?

The members are the club, without members, there will be no club.
rustic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2011, 22:39   #7
96terrano

i've sent our local radio station "west sound 103" in this area a email, and they are going to advertise us on their website and give us a mention on the radio in the free adds
Old 30-12-2011, 23:04   #8
rustic

Vehicle: Maverick Mk I 2.7 TD LWB

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96terrano View Post
i've sent our local radio station "west sound 103" in this area a email, and they are going to advertise us on their website and give us a mention on the radio in the free adds
Fantastic...
rustic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 03:14   #9
extreme-4x4

well i keep popping in , and to be honest im saddened by the lack of threads and replies posted.
this club was at its best .... well you know when ! but lets not go there .
but whats the point in advertising the club if when people join, as 2 have in the last day or so . no one says hi or answers there posts. its in your hands the future of your club

i remember joining and , well my first forum ever expecting a response in seconds, i remember having a dig at mav about how slow it was . waiting 30 mins for a reply. i remember getting told off for saying rhymes with duck instead of f*ck. but even in those days WE HAD FUN.
i remember being the most outspoken git ever on mavs site getting warning after warning from the old moderators , one even messaged me saying really funny but calm it down or your off, but mav let it run, as did bat when he took over. bat even let me have a go at moderating and it helped me deal with my shit going on at the time but that came to a convenient end, as some of you know. other things took priority for me. and didnt really fancy getting dragged into other crap going on nor did i need another fight. but again it was fun even then

there was a time, not so long ago.
anyone could join and get a huge welcome
anyone could ask anything and get a huge response, be it flower shows members pets, fave music, news, even opinions on what camera to buy or how to fix a domestic appliance .
this club rivalled eastenders and corry , i used to get jibes from members wives saying how there husbands were always on this bloody forum .... and im not kidding.....
people seemed to tune in just to see what was going on today.
people joined and stayed , people took the piss , had a joke and had fun yes it was and is a nissan 4x4 forum , but it was and should still be so much more than that. it should be fun.

and unless you all start making new members want to come in, and stay. your club will die
i pop in at random times and struggle to see 6 or 7 members online ever now we was hitting 40 online every evening for hours on end. we was getting response in seconds, now your lucky if anyone can be arsed to type anything.

it wont be popular to say this but for a while now this club has lost its fun and haemorrhaging good long term members as a consequenceand not keeping new ones . this forum wasnt about off roading or deep mud. it wasnt about modding your truck or towing caravans or the fact you liked 4x4's in general. it was about all of that put together into a big pot and shared with a few friends, a bit of tolerance, understanding a few swear words and the odd caravan or boob pic and we had one of the best forums around ..... as so many new members said upon joining

so spend a little time and effort greeting the new people who join make them welcome, give them the best club we can offer .
balls in your court
extreme-4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 10:11   #10
762buzz

Vehicle: nissan pathfinder 2.5 adv

I agree with what u are saying

But when u look at the members list All u see us red names some of which were the folk that had the knowledge of moding and keeping these trucks going

Plus the so social side of the club is falling away events that have been run yearly are now dropping off losing the members that wanted to be a little more active

So yea it is upto the folk left to boost the club but also it needs to be lead from the top to keep it interesting
762buzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 11:18   #11
Bat21
Administrator

Vehicle: Tonka Toy

Agree with what you're saying here Colin but….

If you remember back in 2008 when Mav ran the Club cracks were starting to appear, my guess that is maybe one of the reasons he wanted out.

This site is predominantly frequented by Nissan Terrano/Ford Maverick owners. As both these models ceased production many years ago it is obvious the membership here has probably peaked some time ago too.

The ever decreasing numbers of Green Lanes has meant fewer folk are joining in the ‘off road’ days. The recession has probably not helped either as many of the folk here used to run their Terrano’s/Mavericks as second vehicles. The increase in fuel costs has also been a prohibitive factor to get involved in the real world.

Type Nissan 4x4 club into any search engine and we are always in the top 3 results so finding us isn’t an issue, ”You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink”

If it’s any consolation, it isn’t just this place that is experiencing dwindling participant numbers. Something is happening that is seeing the apathy of folks in the UK fall to despondent levels… find the answer to that one and all will be revealed.
Bat21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 16:13   #12
extreme-4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bat21 View Post
Agree with what you're saying here Colin but….

If you remember back in 2008 when Mav ran the Club cracks were starting to appear, my guess that is maybe one of the reasons he wanted out.

dissagree, we had more numbers and people online last year, under your ownership i like mav still keep in touch with him too , this club has always sadly suffered from someone wanting to do better or start there own one, that i feel is the biggest problem this year and in the past . and yep thats probably going to hit a few nerves . but thats the cards we got so how do we fix it ?

This site is predominantly frequented by Nissan Terrano/Ford Maverick owners. As both these models ceased production many years ago it is obvious the membership here has probably peaked some time ago too.

nissan make other 4x4's so cant see the argument for not taking new members we even kept members from other makes and model of trucks

The ever decreasing numbers of Green Lanes has meant fewer folk are joining in the ‘off road’ days. The recession has probably not helped either as many of the folk here used to run their Terrano’s/Mavericks as second vehicles. The increase in fuel costs has also been a prohibitive factor to get involved in the real world. agreed but we still have them, well im after another and im piss broke

Type Nissan 4x4 club into any search engine and we are always in the top 3 results so finding us isn’t an issue, ”You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink” but we can offer them wine instead of water

If it’s any consolation, it isn’t just this place that is experiencing dwindling participant numbers. Something is happening that is seeing the apathy of folks in the UK fall to despondent levels… find the answer to that one and all will be revealed. we was in recession last year at our peak
replied above
extreme-4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote