Go Back   :::.Nissan 4x4 Owners Club.::: > General > Show us yours

Show us yours Share you favourite photos with us

Old 02-09-2013, 21:47   #1
Barrbeast
Click here to find out how to become a paid up member

Vehicle: 1990 4.2 SWB Safari
Talking Had my offroad lesson on Sunday...

...in the Troll.

I got where the Landies hadn't been able to get so far

Instructor :- "I'll try you up this slope but it's been too dry for the Defenders so far, so we'll see how you get on."

Me :- "Here goes"

*Diesel roar and Foxy goes straight up without missing a beat*

Me :- *Big grin* "That's my girl!"

Was busy driving for the whole 3 hours (and loving it!) but I did manage a few pics of some cross axle action...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF1270.jpg (73.0 KB, 132 views)
Barrbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 21:48   #2
Barrbeast

Driver's side...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF1268.jpg (66.0 KB, 132 views)
Old 02-09-2013, 21:49   #3
Barrbeast

Passenger side (you can see where I've continued the sidestep de-rubberising that was started in Wales )
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF1269.jpg (84.5 KB, 132 views)
Old 02-09-2013, 22:11   #4
solarman216
Off road maniac

Vehicle: Y60 Patrol Me, 3 ltr Mrs

Like it, well done, Rick
3 inch SS straight through exhaust
Manly winch bumper with 13000 lb winch
10 spike ground anchor, with multiple straps and blocks
Super strong body cills capped with scaffold pole
20% stronger springs all round
aggressive off road tyres on wheels so just swap.
Aim to get stuck and be completely self sufficient in extraction, love getting muddy, 2ft deep is good but rare.
solarman216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 22:43   #5
Thomas-the-Terrano2

Vehicle: Terrano2 R20 lwb 2.7TDi

arh with the rear end locked and the rear arb released probably towed all those landies up.

'60' 2010 Ford C Max Zetec 1.6i, black

'56' 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee 3.0TD, silver

2021 Bailey Pegasus Grade SE Turin caravan

Smile, its more likely to confuse.

One Life, Don't Just Live It, Drive a Nissan, or ...... a Jeep.

Owner of Nissan 4x4s 2005 to 2019, and maybe in the future too!
Thomas-the-Terrano2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 23:16   #6
96terrano

Vehicle: Nissan Terrano 2.7TD LWB

pffft, not surprised tbh, Nissan wipe the floor with Land rover! truly underestimated 4x4
96terrano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 07:47   #7
briggie

Vehicle: " alice "

a large part of it is actually the driver , and not the machine .
briggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 11:27   #8
bry

Vehicle: Nissan Terrano MK 2 SE

When i went to Whitby off road center.My T2 was able to go where ever a standard landy went.Staying clear of the deep ruts mind.Even the guy who owns the site,admitted the Terrano was a well capable 4x4.And he used to work for Land Rover for over 35 years.
bry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 15:47   #9
exosteve

Vehicle: 2001 2.7 td lwb terrano

looks good rob.
I bet strata was more challenging though?
hows the transalvania plans comin on ?
exosteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 18:06   #10
Barrbeast

Cheers Steve

Strata, and Wales in general, had more rocks and better views (although the hill at the top of the site gives a cracking panoramic view of the area) but its actually a really good site.

Reclaimed forestry ground with plenty of challenging bits, including rock steps, and one or two areas where you don't wanna go without a lift!

The guy who owns it (Walter) does training for various companies and I know the Forces use it as a training ground. I definitely built on what I had learned down in Wales and Walter made sure that we covered as much as we could over the 3 hours - even better was that there was no classroom time, just a brief discussion of what I had done before, sign the disclaimer and away!

The site is regularly maintained using a JCB and every year Walter hires in a big self drive excavator to do some re-landscaping and create new routes. He also doesn't seem to mind if the members (£150 for the year, unlimited use, 7 days a week) go off route and make new ones themselves.

http://www.scotoffroad.co.uk/

Recommend anyone who lives down my neck of the woods (and even if you don't) to think about taking out the membership as there's not many sites in Scotland where you can take your own truck. I've just got my replacement rear lights to get and then my next purchase will be a membership

Vampire tour 2015 plans are coming on good thanks bud, sitting at the farm is an ARB Winch Bumper and, thanks to Fez a roof tent and a sexy 9,000lb Superwinch with synthetic rope . 2.9m long roof rack is being shipped as we speak and I'm gonna get the rear lights sorted very soon.

Once all those bits are on the truck, and I've switched to a more mod friendly insurance company, I'm gonna try not to spend for a while so I can make a start to building up the funds for the entry fee and supplies (spare alternator, water pump, belts etc). Would like to replace the sidesteps with some rock sliders and give her a 2" spring lift before I go too but I'll need to see. Reckon rock sliders (I'll get them fabbed) are gonna be the first port of call as my side steps get some abuse - better than my sills though!

How you getting on yourself? Saw the vids from your pay and play day, looked fun!

Last edited by Barrbeast; 03-09-2013 at 18:07. Reason: added stuff
Old 03-09-2013, 20:10   #11
melissachels

Vehicle: half of a T2 2.7td swb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrbeast View Post
Cheers Steve

Strata, and Wales in general, had more rocks and better views (although the hill at the top of the site gives a cracking panoramic view of the area) but its actually a really good site.

Reclaimed forestry ground with plenty of challenging bits, including rock steps, and one or two areas where you don't wanna go without a lift!

The guy who owns it (Walter) does training for various companies and I know the Forces use it as a training ground. I definitely built on what I had learned down in Wales and Walter made sure that we covered as much as we could over the 3 hours - even better was that there was no classroom time, just a brief discussion of what I had done before, sign the disclaimer and away!

The site is regularly maintained using a JCB and every year Walter hires in a big self drive excavator to do some re-landscaping and create new routes. He also doesn't seem to mind if the members (£150 for the year, unlimited use, 7 days a week) go off route and make new ones themselves.

http://www.scotoffroad.co.uk/

Recommend anyone who lives down my neck of the woods (and even if you don't) to think about taking out the membership as there's not many sites in Scotland where you can take your own truck. I've just got my replacement rear lights to get and then my next purchase will be a membership

Vampire tour 2015 plans are coming on good thanks bud, sitting at the farm is an ARB Winch Bumper and, thanks to Fez a roof tent and a sexy 9,000lb Superwinch with synthetic rope . 2.9m long roof rack is being shipped as we speak and I'm gonna get the rear lights sorted very soon.

Once all those bits are on the truck, and I've switched to a more mod friendly insurance company, I'm gonna try not to spend for a while so I can make a start to building up the funds for the entry fee and supplies (spare alternator, water pump, belts etc). Would like to replace the sidesteps with some rock sliders and give her a 2" spring lift before I go too but I'll need to see. Reckon rock sliders (I'll get them fabbed) are gonna be the first port of call as my side steps get some abuse - better than my sills though!

How you getting on yourself? Saw the vids from your pay and play day, looked fun!
Thats where I went!!! I had the 1st ever terrano out on that & nearly toppled it too only thing that stopped me was a deep rut & got bellied! even had it balancing on rocksliders over the teeter totter humps!
good site & good instructors so glad I went cos the advice was very good & invaluable for offroading at clog! I will return up there again!
melissachels is offline   Reply With Quote