Go Back   :::.Nissan 4x4 Owners Club.::: > General > The Clubs Virtual Pub

The Clubs Virtual Pub For general chat, so come on in and pull up a chair.

Old 18-05-2011, 08:58   #1
clivvy
Click here to find out how to become a paid up member

Vehicle: Terrano 03 LWB
Default advice

Hey chaps, why would someone have "Enterprise PLC uk " come round their empty house taking pics and stuff?? looks to me like an industry maintenance company,could the neighbour be renting, and this company does maintenance??

http://www.enterprise.plc.uk/

its just we dont get along with the guy, and recently his mum died so the house is being cleared. We both own a shared drive, and its been a huge problem for him, and he tarmacced half of it (dumb or what) so now im not sure if hes selling, renting or what. either way i suppose it doesnt matter because I have the deeds and i think th eopportunity to have th etarmac removed from the front part of drive and restored back to how it was if it is rented out...
clivvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2011, 10:13   #2
Liam

After a (very quick) glance at their website, is it possible that the house was a council rental? Or perhaps he is selling to the council for social housing? I don't think they are checking the house for renting unless it has been bought by the council. I gather from their website that they work for government departments so maybe you could call the local council and ask them if they have anything to do with it. That would be my first phone call anyway.
Liam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2011, 11:20   #3
clivvy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam View Post
After a (very quick) glance at their website, is it possible that the house was a council rental? Or perhaps he is selling to the council for social housing? I don't think they are checking the house for renting unless it has been bought by the council. I gather from their website that they work for government departments so maybe you could call the local council and ask them if they have anything to do with it. That would be my first phone call anyway.
cheers Liam, that does make sense, and I suppose if its council, I have some major comeback over the stupid driveway. i will ring them asap and find out (pointless talking to nobhead)
Old 18-05-2011, 11:52   #4
jims-terrano

Hate to say this Clive but it may also be time to go see a solicitor for advice and may be a letter sending to him. The new owner may be miss sold the house as having a full wifth driveway and cause even more problems mate.

Jim
jims-terrano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2011, 11:59   #5
clivvy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jims-terrano View Post
Hate to say this Clive but it may also be time to go see a solicitor for advice and may be a letter sending to him. The new owner may be miss sold the house as having a full wifth driveway and cause even more problems mate.

Jim
i have thought of that, and id be very surprised if that is the case. what makes you think this though Jim? problem is as well, i dont know who the new owner is, if there even is one!
Old 18-05-2011, 12:48   #6
clivvy

i suppose also, its legally impossible to mis sell it. the deeds have to be checked do they not, before a house is sold? there is no way he could get away with it....